Here are some motivational quotes by people born on February 15.
Galileo Galilei (Astronomer, philosopher 1564-1642)
- You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it within himself.
- I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
- I never met a man so ignorant that I couldn’t learn something from him.
Susan B. Anthony (American Women’s Rights Advocate 1820-1906)
- Independence is happiness.
- The older I get, the greater power I seem to have to help the world; I am like a snowball – the further I am rolled the more I gain.
- Men, their rights, and nothing more; women, their rights, and nothing less.
Jeremy Bentham (British Philosopher 1748-1832)
- Every law is an infraction on liberty.
- The greatest happiness of the greatest number is the foundation of morals and legislation.
- Stretching his hand up to reach the stars, too often man forgets the flowers at his feet.
Louis XV (King of France 1638-1715)
- There is little that can withstand a man who can conquer himself.
Alfred North Whitehead (British philosopher 1861-1947)
- No one who achieves success does so without acknowledging the help of others. The wise and confident acknowledge this help with gratitude.
- Ideas won’t keep. Something must be done about them.
- Speak out in acts; the time for words has passed, and only deeds will suffice.
Jane Seymour (Actress 1951-)
- You have to count on living every single day in a way you believe will make you feel good about your life – so that if it were over tomorrow, you’d be content with yourself.
- I know that the purpose of life is to understand and be in the present moment with the people you love. It’s just that simple.
- Being creative is my idea of heaven.
On this day dedicated to love, here are some of the best love-related motivational quotes I coined over the years. May love fill our day, our hearts, and our world.
- A thousand Universes from now love will still be all that matters.
- Unconditional love is a redundant phrase. All real love is unconditional.
- Fear encourages inhumanity, but love restores humanity.
- When love is the answer, the question becomes irrelevant.
- Our challenge each day is to love more and fear less.
- Love and truth never shout. They have no need.
- When we wipe away all of our prejudices, dogmas, and paradigms; love remains.
- I’ve seen the end. Love wins!
- Love emancipates. Fear enslaves.
- Fear-based philosophies drag humanity into its nightmares. Love-based philosophies propel us to our dreams.
Abigail Adams (1744-1818) was the wife of John Adams and the second First Lady of The United States. She was also the mother of the sixth president John Quincy Adams. However, she is remembered for her keen intellect and knowledge on a wide variety of subjects, as evidenced by the numerous letters between John Adams and her during this time in the Continental Congress in Philadelphia.
She was an outspoken advocate for the place of women in society and could hold her own with a husband known as one of the great minds and debaters of colonial America. The inspiring quotes that follow display a woman who really “got it” and was not afraid to share that wisdom.
- Great necessities call out great virtues.
- It’s never too late to get back on your feet though we wont live forever make sure you accomplish what you were put here for.
- If we mean to have heroes, statesmen and philosophers, we should have learned women.
- Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and diligence.
- If we do not lay out ourselves in the service of mankind whom should we serve?
- We have too many high-sounding words, and too few actions that correspond with them.
- I’ve always felt that a person’s intelligence is directly reflected by the number of conflicting points of view he can entertain simultaneously on the same topic.
- Arbitrary power is like most other things which are very hard, very liable to be broken.
- Although it is vastly disagreeable to be accused of faults, yet no person ought to be offended when such accusations are delivered in the spirit of friendship.
- Danger, you know, sometimes makes timid men bold.
- The habits of a vigorous mind are born in contending with difficulties.
- Great difficulties may be surmounted by patience and perseverance.
- To be good, and do good, is the whole duty of man comprised in a few words.
Have a fantastic evening!
Kindness has no perquisites. Anyone can be kind at any moment simply by choosing to be. May these quotes inspire your kindness. Be sure to checkout tomorrow’s 365 Days to a Better You post for an amazing story about the karma of kindness.
- No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. ~Aesop
- Kindness is the language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see. ~Mark Twain
- Ask yourself: Have you been kind today? Make kindness your daily modus operandi and change your world. ~Annie Lennox
- A warm smile is the universal language of kindness. ~William Arthur Ward
- Together we can change the world, just one random act of kindness at a time. ~Ron Hall
- You cannot do kindness too soon for you never know how soon will be too late. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
- My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness. ~Dalai Lama
Small strokes fell great oaks.
That’s a quote from Ben Franklin. “The journey of 1000 miles,” said Lao Tzu, “begins with a single step.” Creighton Abrams wrote, “When eating an elephant, take one bite at a time.”
We live in a world that conditions us to want it all and want it now. These quotes remind us to take a breath. Big things start small. Small, consistent actions, over time, move the needle a great distance. If we try to “eat the elephant” all at once, we’ll probably get indigestion.
I’ve often used a basketball analogy for this idea. If you get behind 20 points in the first half, there are no 20 point shots to get you back into the game. The way to get back in is one trip up the floor at time. Score and go play defense. Score and go play defense. If you come out trying to get it all back at once, you’ll probably do foolish things and lose by 40.
The overnight success is a rarity. The truth is most overnight successes have been working at it for years before they finally attained their success.
What’s my message? It’s easy to feel like your dreams aren’t happening fast enough. I’ve often felt it myself. Remember there is no deadline. There’s amazing lessons and experiences along the way.
This I promise, though, if you keep whacking away, even the greatest of oaks will eventually fall. Rome wasn’t built in day and neither are you.
Patience and keep working. Good things will happen.
P.S. – No elephants or oaks were harmed in the writing of this blog post. What great metaphors they make, though.
What I love about Will Smith is he has used his success to spread the word that the power to achieve, succeed, and thrive is right here within all of us. Success? He’s had his share. He starred in a successful TV show – The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air – having never acted before arriving on the set. He’s had success as recording artist, including two Grammy Awards. He really made his mark, though, as one of Hollywood’s most consistently marketable leading men, scoring blockbuster after blockbuster. That’s $7.5 billion in box office revenue worldwide.
Here are 16 of the best motivational Will Smith quotes I’ve come across.
- Greatness is not this wonderful, esoteric, elusive, god-like feature that only the special among us will ever taste, it’s something that truly exists in all of us.
- In my mind, I’ve always been an A-list Hollywood superstar. Y’all just didn’t know yet.
- I wake up every morning believing today is going to be better than yesterday.
- Life isn’t how many breaths you take, but it’s the moments that take your breath away.
- Fear is not real. The only place that fear can exist is in our thoughts of the future. It is a product of our imagination, causing us to fear things that do not at present and may not ever exist. Do not misunderstand me danger is very real, but fear is a choice.
- There’s no reason to have a plan B because it distracts from plan A.
- Being realistic is the most commonly traveled road to mediocrity.
- Stop letting people who do so little for you control so much of your mind, feelings and emotions.
- If you’re absent during my struggle don’t expect to be present during my success.
- If you’re not making someone else’s life better, than you are wasting your time. Your life will become better by making other people’s lives better.
- Don’t chase people. Be yourself, do your own thing and work hard. The right people – the ones who really belong in your life – will come to you. and stay.
- I don’t know what my calling is, but I want to be here for a bigger reason. I strive to be like the greatest people who have ever lived.
- I never viewed myself as particularly talented. Where I excel is ridiculous, sickening, work ethic. You know, while the other guy’s sleeping, I’m working.
- Greatness exists in all of us.
- Sometimes you have to forget what’s gone, appreciate what still remains, and look forward to what’s coming next.
- So if you stay ready, you ain’t gotta get ready, and that is how I run my life.
Despite his famous deadpan delivery, Carl Sagan left a number of quite motivational quotes. Here are a few of them to close out your day. Tomorrow is NEW day…a chance to dream NEW dreams!
- You’re an interesting species. An interesting mix. You’re capable of such beautiful dreams, and such horrible nightmares. You feel so lost, so cut off, so alone, only you’re not. See, in all our searching, the only thing we’ve found that makes the emptiness bearable, is each other. (from his book Contact)
- Imagination will often carry us off to worlds that never were, but without it we go nowhere.
- We are a way for the Cosmos to know itself.
- Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
- Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.
- We can judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers, our willingness to embrace what is true rather than what feels good.
- The universe is a pretty big place. If it’s just us, seems like an awful waste of space.
- For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.
- If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
Sleep well, my friends!