Before she became a presidential candidate earlier this year, Marianne Williamson had a long career as a spiritual author, speaker, and activist. In short, she’s spent her adult life taking action to make the world, as she affects it, and the people around her better.
I first became aware of her work in the early 1990s, after seeing an amazing appearance on the Oprah Winfrey Show. She has been a voice of moral conscience and consoler in moments of national tragedy from 9/11 to school shootings.
Whatever happens in her run for the White House, whether she secures the nomination or not, I hope the next president will make use Marianne’s unique voice and gifts to help our nation find its way forward.
Here are 10 of her most powerful quotes to call out the best in you today.
- A miracle is a shift in perception from fear to love.
- We ask ourselves, ‘Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?’ Actually, who are you not to be?
- Anytime you try to be a loving person, you’re doing your part to save the world.
- Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our Light, not our Darkness, that most frightens us.
- Love is what we were born with. Fear is what we learned here.
- The practice of forgiveness is our most important contribution to the healing of the world.
- It takes courage…to endure the sharp pains of self discovery rather than choose to take the dull pain of unconsciousness that would last the rest of our lives.
- And no one will listen to us until we listen to ourselves.
- Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are.
- Nothing binds you except your thoughts. Noting limits you except your fears. And nothing controls you except your beliefs.
- You must learn a new way to think before you can master a new way to be.
- And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
- Success means going to sleep at night knowing that our talents and abilities were used in a way that serves others.
- Ego says, “Once everything falls into place, I’ll feel peace.” Spirit says, “Fund your peace and everything will fall into place.”
Stay inspired, my friends. See your greatness and help those around you see theirs too.
Website | YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Support Us
By any measure, some of the greatest creatives in the world are composers of music. Perhaps not surprisingly some of these musical geniuses also have had a philosophical bent.
Here are 10 motivational quotes by great composers.
I pay no attention whatever to anybody’s praise or blame. I simply follow my own feelings. ~Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
This is the mark of a really admirable man: steadfastness in the face of trouble. ~Ludwig Van Beethoven
I worked hard. Anyone who works as hard as I did can achieve the same results. ~J.S. Bach
To send light into the darkness of men’s hearts – such is the duty of the artist. ~Robert Schumann
Even if I know I shall never change the masses, never transform anything permanent, all I ask is that the good things also have their place, their refuge. ~Richard Wagner
Fortunately, something always remains to be harvested. So let us not be idle. ~Gustav Mahler
I am hitting my head against walls, but the walls are giving way. ~Gustav Mahler
I chose and my world was shaken. So what? The choice may have been mistaken; the choosing was not. You have to move on. ~Stephen Sondheim
You believe happiness to be derived from the place in which once you have been happy, but in truth it is centered in ourselves. ~Franz Schubert
Life is a lot like jazz. It’s best when you improvise. ~George Gershwin
Why get up in the morning unless you’re going to have an adventure? ~Hans Zimmer
When a man is in despair, it means he still believes in something. ~Dmitri Shostakovich
For those of us of a certain age, we have a memory of a shy young school teacher suddenly be thrust upon the world stage because she married a prince. We watched that woman – Princess Diana – become a global icon and a tireless voice for a better world.
Then, in what seemed like a nightmare, she was taken from us abruptly. She was one of the few people in the world who was so popular, she could literally speak around media outlets and directly to the people.
- Only do what your heart tells you.
- I don’t go by the rule book… I lead from the heart, not the head.
- I like to be a free spirit. Some don’t like that, but that’s the way I am.
- Anywhere I see suffering, that is where I want to be, doing what I can.
- If you find someone you love in your life, then hang on to that love.
- Hugs can do great amounts of good – especially for children.
- When you are happy you can forgive a great deal.
- Everyone needs to be valued. Everyone has the potential to give something back.
- The greatest problem in the world today is intolerance. Everyone is so intolerant of each other.
Have a wonderful Sunday!
Website | YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Support Us
Dr. Wayne Dyer was one of my mentors from afar for many years. His personal story and his evolution from simply psychology to an all-encompassing spiritual view of the human condition mirrored my own.
Here are 10 of my favorite Dyer quotes. You can find the complete list of his quotes on the TAS website.
- Iff you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.
- You’ll see it when you believe it.
- How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.
- Go for it now. The future is promised to no one.
- The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don’t know anything about.
- You cannot be lonely if you like the person you’re alone with.
- Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice.
- When you dance, your purpose is not to get to a certain place on the floor. It’s to enjoy each step along the way.
- Everything is either an opportunity to grow or an obstacle to keep you from growing. You get to choose.
- When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.
Stay inspired, my friends!
When I am open to bigger possibilities, I am open to bigger outcomes!
Many think of Albert Einstein as that wild-haired mathematician, physicist, smartest guy of all-time, or the E=MC2 guy. Today many have forgotten that he was also a great thinker, philosopher, statesmen, and advocate for humanity in his time.
His ideas led to massive advances in many fields, including warfare and weaponry – the atomic bomb. He was keenly aware of the responsibility humanity had to use his genius – our genius – wisely.
He had is flaws and his personal problems like the rest of us. To me, that only makes him more human and his genius more approachable.
Today I am sharing my 15 favorite Albert Einstein quotes. Some of them will not be new to you. I hope a few of them will provide new insights into the man and into yourself.
- “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
- “Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.”
- “Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
- “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.”
- “I speak to everyone the same way, whether he is the garbage man or the president of a university.”
- “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.”
- “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
- “Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind.”
- “I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious.”
- “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is to not stop questioning.”
- “The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.”
- “I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”
- “In the middle of difficulty, lies opportunity.”
- “Everything must be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.”
Finally, Einstein wrote:
“A human being is a part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feeling as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.”
Follow your bliss! Experience your bliss! Become your bliss!
Website | YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | PayPal
To Boldly Go…
Star Trek has been a mainstay in world culture for two generations. For many, the show represents humanity’s best possible future. For others, it has inspired them to change the present.
Here are 15 wonderful quotes of Star Trek wisdom.
- “Sometimes a feeling is all we humans have to go on.” – Captain James T. Kirk
- “There is a way out of every box, a solution to every puzzle; it’s just a matter of finding it. Things are only impossible, until they’re not.” – Captain Jean-Luc Picard
- “Without followers, evil cannot spread.” – Mr. Spock
- “Insults are effective only where emotion is present.” – Mr. Spock
- Well… perhaps what we most needed was a kick in our complacency – to prepare us for what lies ahead. – Captain Jean-Luc Picard
- “There’s an old saying, ‘Fortune favors the bold.’ Well, I guess we’re about to find out. ~Captain Benjamin Sisko
- “Insufficient facts always invite danger.” – Mr. Spock
- “It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life.” – Captain Jean-Luc Picard
- “No being is so important that he can usurp the rights of another.” – Captain Jean-Luc Picard
- “Laws change depending on who is making them, but justice is justice.” – Odo
- “That’s the thing about faith — if you don’t have it you can’t understand it, and if you do … no explanation is necessary.” – Major Kira
- “How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life.” – Captain James T. Kirk
- “It is the unknown that defines our existence. We are constantly searching not just for answers, but for new questions. We are explorers.” ~Captain Benjamin Sisko
- “After a time, you may find that “having” is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as “wanting.” It is not logical, but it is often true.” -Mr. Spock
- “We are what we are, and we’re doing the best we can. It is not for you to set the standards by which we should be judged!” – Captain Jean-Luc Picard
- “Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived.” – Captain Jean-Luc Picard
- “It is a good day to die, Duras, and the day is not yet over.” – Worf
Follow your bliss. Experience your bliss. Become your bliss.
Website | YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | PayPal