Good morning and Happy Friday!
Affirm With Me
Put your mind on your side!
Good morning and Happy Friday!
Put your mind on your side!
We can not solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them.
This is among my all-time favorite #quotes. I say it to myself several times each week. There’s a fundamental truth in it.
Whether we’re talking about the planet, a country, a company, or our personal lives; the way we thought yesterday probably won’t keep up with today. It certainly will not take us to the next level. If your goal is to get to the next level, whatever that means for you, your thinking must rise to meet the challenge.
What old, limiting thoughts do you need to release? What new ideas do you need to consider? What traps in your thinking have you fallen into in the past that you choose to side-step today?
So this morning’s #affirmation is:
I embrace better, higher thinking today than ever before. I consider ideas and possibilities I had never considered. I put my wisdom, my resources, and my effort into finding better solutions to life than I did yesterday.
Wherever you are on your journey today, keep your mind on your side.
Good Monday, fellow affirmers!
Starting your day with a positive mindset is as important as a good breakfast! This brief video shares thoughts that empower and inspire you to get out there an have a peaceful, prosperous, and successful day! It’s the best two minutes you’ll spend on your mindset all day.
Wherever you are on your journey today, remember to keep your mind on your side.
Good morning, fellow affirmer!
The late great Wayne Dyer once did a brief monologue on one of his old cassette series’s that always stuck with me.
He said there are only two types of things you can possibly worry about – things you can control and things you can’t control.
Then he asked two sagely statements.
“There ain’t no use in worrying about things you can control. If you can control them, why worry about them?”
You’re capable. You’re responsible. You’ll handle them. Worry adds nothing useful to the equation.
Then he said, “There ain’t no use in worrying about things you can’t control. If you can’t control them, why worry about them?”
Our little egos must learn to accept that there are certain things beyond our control. We can’t control what other people think of us, whether the sun will come up tomorrow, or how many days our current form will remain here. Yet, we spend time worrying and stressing over such things. They steal our energy and our positive momentum and we can’t change them no matter how much we worry.
Then Dyer concluded by saying, “That’s everything it’s possible to worry about. So, there ain’t no use in worrying “
He makes a powerful point. Whether we can control something or not, both are reasons not to worry.
I would add that that we have a wisdom within us and there’s a wisdom present in the universe that are both working to get you and I where and when we need to be. Trust that wisdom and, as much as possible, cut worry out of your mental diet. It’s mental junk food of the worst kind.
Wherever you are on your journey today, just commit to taking one more step.
Keep your mind on your side, my friends.
Happy Sunday, fellow affirmers!
I have a question for you. Do you really believe staying positive works? When the moment is difficult, do you double down on staying positive or do you give in to the negative thoughts trying to conquer your consciousness?
It’s not a purity test. We’re all human. We all have those moments or days when we’re not our best selves and we give into the negativity and join the chorus of naysayers.
I guess I’m asking whether you prioritize your positivity? Do you spread the positivity whenever and wherever you can? Is it one of the strategies you apply to achieve peace, happiness, and success in life?
Let’s dive into five techniques that have worked for me and I know they’ll work for you too.
1) Feel the Gratitude – Most of us have so much to be grateful for. Gratitude practices first thing in the morning are a great way to set your mindset to positivity to start your day.
2) Spread the Positivity– Send a positive good morning message to a colleague. Compliment a friend or family member on something you appreciate about them. Give public kudos to your team. As you spread the positivity, it grows with in you,
3) Be Proactive– Another way I set a positive tone for the day is to be proactive. Grant yourself the power of agency in your day. What do I mean? Don’t wait for your day to just happen to you. Take proactive action first thing to put yourself in the drivers seat on your projects. Prep for your meetings first thing. Send out emails to get input first thing and then move on with your day. Proactivity gives you the feeling you’re making positive progress first thing. You’ll feel much better if you start the day ahead of the game.
4) Get Out of the Gotta Zone – Yes! There are “have tos” in life. Your job requires things of you. The people around you place demands on you. It’s easy to feel burdened by all the things you “gotta” do. What if you did a simple mind trick and changed gotta to get to. You get to make your contribution to your company and your team today. You get to be in demand by others because you have amazing relationships in your life. This simple mind shift can change a burden into a privilege.
5) Wear Your Positivity– I’ve started creating and wearing shirts with positive messages. I find the y are a great reminder for mr during the day and they often spark conversations with other people. Who knows how many people they silently influence during the day as I walk around? Maybe they remind someone of positivity right when they need to hear it.
6) Focus on What You’re For – We live in a contrarian world. Society is always throwing out things you must be against. The truth spending your conscious energy focused on things you’re for generates far more happiness and success. A mind focused in this positive way is far more positive,
Which of these techniques would work best for you? Leave your comment below.
Wherever you are on your journey today, share a little positivity and watch it change your day.