By any measure, some of the greatest creatives in the world are composers of music. Perhaps not surprisingly some of these musical geniuses also have had a philosophical bent.
Here are 10 motivational quotes by great composers.
- I pay no attention whatever to anybody’s praise or blame. I simply follow my own feelings. ~Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- This is the mark of a really admirable man: steadfastness in the face of trouble. ~Ludwig Van Beethoven
- I worked hard. Anyone who works as hard as I did can achieve the same results. ~J.S. Bach
- To send light into the darkness of men’s hearts – such is the duty of the artist. ~Robert Schumann
- Even if I know I shall never change the masses, never transform anything permanent, all I ask is that the good things also have their place, their refuge. ~Richard Wagner
- Fortunately, something always remains to be harvested. So let us not be idle. ~Gustav Mahler
- I am hitting my head against walls, but the walls are giving way. ~Gustav Mahler
- I chose and my world was shaken. So what? The choice may have been mistaken; the choosing was not. You have to move on. ~Stephen Sondheim
- You believe happiness to be derived from the place in which once you have been happy, but in truth it is centered in ourselves. ~Franz Schubert
- Life is a lot like jazz. It’s best when you improvise. ~George Gershwin
- Why get up in the morning unless you’re going to have an adventure? ~Hans Zimmer
- When a man is in despair, it means he still believes in something. ~Dmitri Shostakovich