Releasing old frustration at the hand we were originally dealt in life allows us to play the hand we now have.
Just a reminder in case you forget. ‘Nuff said.
This is a video affirmation meant to instill confidence. It’s set to a video of roaring fireplace.
Affirmation: It is not mountain I conquer, but myself! I am reaching for the top of the mountain and my day in the sun is here!
Download the MP3 of this affirmation.
Follow your bliss. Experience your bliss. Become your bliss.
Ray Davis is the author of Anunnaki Awakening: Revelation – order your signed copy today at AATrilogy.com – founder of The Affirmation Spot and an advocate for the potential of the human race. He’s life-long history buff and holds a B.S. in History Education. He’s always been fascinated by alternative views of history.
Anunnaki Awakening: Revelation is turning heads and opening minds. Humanity’s past is checkered, secret, and dangerous.
White House Correspondent Maria Love is on to the story of her life and with the help of an Anunnaki leaders seeks to unravel and reveal history’s biggest conspiracy. The Awakening has begun!
In the training world, there is constant discussion about what constitutes a learnable, trainable skill and what falls into the realm of motivation or determination. For instance, I can train a sales manager with the knowledge and the skills that can make he or she better at coaching sales representatives. However, I cannot train a sales manager to be motivated to use those skills.
Lately, I’ve given a good deal of thought into whether positive thinking is a learnable, trainable skill or whether it relies completely on the motivation of the individual. It’s fair to call any ability that can be enhanced with practice or additional knowledge a learnable skill.
By this definition, positive thinking meets the criteria. There are teachable techniques that can help people see the world or themselves in a more positive light. A couple that I have employed successfully over the years are thought stopping and tick-marking.
Thought stopping involves mentally or verbally saying, “stop” when a negative or unwanted thought comes to mind. Sometimes the process requires you to say, “stop” multitple times to discontinue the negative thinking. This process is most effective when you can replace the negative thought or visualization with one that is positive or healthy. This technique is effective for people battling depression, obsessive thoughts, or addiction. However, anyone can use it in their daily lives. The fact that you are not dealing with a serious mental condition makes it that much more effective.
Tick-marking is another way to stop negative thoughts and embark on a positive thinking program. When we are afflicted with negative thinking we often don’t realize how many times during the day we are thinking negative thoughts to ourselves (negative self-talk). For some, there is a constant stream of negative thoughts, self judgements, and critiques of everyone and everything around them. Because we are what we think about all day long, unchecked these thoughts spill out into their lives – their view of the world, their self-esteem, and their interactions with others.
Tick-marking is a technique where you have a little note pad with you all day long. Every time you think a negative thought you make a tick mark on the note pad. Some people find it effective to categorize the negative thoughts. This is an awareness tool. Once they become aware of how many negative thoughts go through their minds in a day, many people become motivated to do something about it. Until there is awareness there cannot be action.
So, I come down on the side of those who believe positive thinking is a learned skill. That said, it is very much a commitment too. Developing a positive outlook on life has many of the same characteristics as a diet or an exercise program.
- Motivated to change – until you see negative or demotivated thinking as a problem in your life, you are not going to commit to change. You must commit yourself to chaning the way you think and react to things.
- Stay on the program – if you begin an exercise program, you will reap the benefits of it only as long as you continue exercising. If you stop, your muscles will atrophy and your fitness level will drop to previous levels. Replacing negative thinking with a positive outlook works in much the same way. It requires an ongoing commitment and you will see the benefits only for as long as you work at it. If you don’t provide constant positive fuel and apply techniques that work for you, the negative thoughts can return. Face it, we live in society where there is a lot of negativity and fear perpetuated for a number of reasons. If you don’t take charge of your own thinking, it is easy to fall into the societal malaise.
- Keep the end in mind – when someone goes on a diet they are going to be successful as long as they continue to visualize their life at the goal weight. What happens along the way, often, is the demons of the present take control and steer the person off course. The dieter falls back into old habits and the diet fails. A positive thinking program has the same pitfall. Especially when you are using positive thinking to improve a certain area of your life, it is critical to keep the end result in mind. Your old negative thought patterns are going to rise up and try to get you off course. In fact, the closer you get to your goal, the more intense they may become. The only way through this gauntlet is to keep moving step by step in your new, positive direction.
- Believe – you have to believe that change is possible. You have to believe that by using affirmations or other positive thinking approaches you can change your life and your mind. Without the belief, the commitment to reach your goal is not going to be there.
- Accept incremental success – change of any kind in life is a process not an event. Know that you are going to have negative thoughts and doubts. Know that a certain amount of it is just incurable human nature. Commit yourself to keep moving forward and replace those negative thoughts with something positive.
- Claim your victory – reward your successes along the way and the big win that is your destination. Through hard work and a commitment to see the you and the world that are possible, you can change your outlook from negative to positive.
Once you know how all that is left is to do it!
Ray Davis is the Founder of The Affirmation Spot and focuses on empowering minds to think positively, achieve goals, and live dreams.
These are some of comments from readers about Ray’s new speculative fiction novel – Anunnaki Awakening: Revelation. This fictional novel follows White House Correspondent Maria Love on her quest to learn the truth of human origins and the Anunnaki’s role in our emergence. She discovers their intervention never stopped, but can she act quickly enough to change the destiny of two worlds? Author Graham Hancock said, “We are a species with amnesia.” Let your Awakening begin today.
“Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.”
~ Anais Nin
Today I am featuring some affirmations on courage. We are human beings and our courage ebbs and flows based on how we feel in a given moment or based on situations. However, courage is a fire that can burn through fears and doubts, when activated. Each of us has a practically untapped reservoir of courage.
How does the shyest kid in the class suddenly commit an act of utter bravery to save his friends in battle? How does the single mother overcome all the reasons she shouldn’t succeed and succeed anyway? How does the business person have the courage put his or her idea out there in a world that shreds new ideas?
The answer is courage.
Here are few affirmations that I hope will tap your inner hero.
- I think from courage! I speak from courage! Today I act from courage!
- Today I am filled with the courage to be the person I came to the planet to be!
- I have the courage, wisdom, and strength to thrive no matter what today sends my way.
- If I must stand alone with my ideals, then SO BE IT!
- Today I run to where I have failed before to begin again.
- Today I courageously challenge my unknowns and reap big rewards!
- Today I have the courage to face up to the people and circumstances in my life.
- Even when life is tough, I am courageous!
- Breathing in, I feel my courage growing. Breathing out, act from a place of courage.
- Today I find the courage to love even when hating would be easier.
Follow your bliss! Experience your bliss! Become your bliss!
Ray Davis is the Founder of The Affirmation Spot and focuses on empowering minds to think positively, achieve goals, and live dreams.He’s spent the past 21 years in sales and sales training for major companies.
Why is now the time? Because! Because you know that your dreams are right here, right now for you. You know that by following them, you will benefit you, benefit your family, benefit your friends, and benefit the planet. You came here to make a difference and today you do!
No judgment! Some days you will live up to these and some days you won’t, but if you seek to EVERY day, amazing things are on the way for you.
1) Today I am ready to believe and I am ready to achieve!
2) Today I seek solutions and results rather than problems and excuses!
3) Today I take massive action on my dreams!
4) Today I refuse to put off until tomorrow what will benefit me today!
5) Today I refuse to put off until tomorrow what will benefit my family today!
6) Today I refuse to put off until tomorrow what will benefit my friends today!
7) Today I invest in me to get the best in me!
8) Today I believe that setbacks are shortcuts to something better than I had planned!
9) I came to the planet to make my difference and today I do!
10) My dreams refuse to quit on me and I refuse to quit on my dreams!
Follow your bliss. Experience your bliss. Become your bliss.
Get your signed first edition copy of Anunnaki Awakening: Revelation at AATrilogy.com
Ray Davis is an advocate for human empowerment and founder of The Affirmation Spot. His new speculative fiction novel – Anunnaki Awakening: Revelation – is shaking paradigms among believers and non-believers. It’s a clever mix of ancient knowledge, modern conspiracy, and page-turning excitement.
One reader wrote, “(My) mind is officially blown!”
Author Graham Hancock said, “We are a species with amnesia.” This book begins the awakening. Is it fact? Is it fiction? You decide!