This week we are going to conduct a little experiment. I hope you will participate. Despite the fact that both modern science and ancient wisdom confirm that our thoughts are very powerful things; many, many people still fail to grasp their significance.
The words people say are often a window into the thinking that pervades their minds. Words are the outward expressions of thoughts and the next step forward in manifesting the reality – positive or negative – that thoughts create.
This week I want you to pay special attention to all the negative and disempowered thinking around you. Pay attention to your family and friends. Pay attention to your leaders and the media. Listen for how often people articulate – even glorify – the negative side of things.
Keep track of how many negative statements you hear in a day. Listen to how the people around you limit themselves, deprecate themselves, and hold themselves back through their thinking and their words. Pay attention to the reasons people give to justify their negative, disempowered thinking.
How to proceed:
- Listen for all the “I can’t…”, “I’m not good at…”, “I’ll never…”, “I’m not lucky at…” statements put out into the world by the people around you.
- Listen for negative self-judgments.
- Listen for catastrophe thinking in the media and among leaders.
- Watch how people respond to positive thinking or the suggestion that their negative perspective might be wrong.
- Watch how the media reacts to positive thinking or empowered thinking.
- Listen to how people justify negative, disempowered thinking – “realistic”, “other people lucky”, “I’m unlucky”, “That’s how things have always been.”, etc.
This experiment is not meant to judge anyone. This is simply for you to become more aware of the mental environment you inhabit.
Here are parts II and III of this experiment.
An Awareness Experiment: Part II
An Awareness Experiment: Part III
Ray Davis is the Founder of The Affirmation Spot and focuses on empowering minds to think positively, achieve goals, and live dreams.
He is the author of the Anunnaki Awakening series (2015). Book 1 – Revelation – is now available in paperback and on Kindle. Can one woman really change the world? Can she expose a lie told for millennia? Can she make the future possible for two worlds?
Every so often a song comes along that deserves special attention for its inspirational qualities. “The Climb” is the new song from teen star Miley Cyrus. The song appears on the soundtrack of Hanna Montana: The Movie. She has performed it twice on national TV in recent weeks – The Academy of Country Music Awards and American Idol.
Cyrus delivers an inspired, grown-up performance. The song has a catchy melody and a powerful beat that builds throughout. “The Climb” will be happily embedded in your mind for the day with just one listen.
The message is a variation on the “it’s not the destination, but the journey” theme. This affirmational song definitely makes a positive impact on your day. I highly recommend downloading it. I did!
Nice job, Miley! Enjoy.
Today’s affirmation is:
“My thoughts, my words, my actions really do create my world. That is why I think great thoughts, I say great words, and I take great actions.” (click the affirmation to listen to it)
Success expert and motivational coach Tony Robbins discusses thriving in tough times in this interview with Matt Lauer on Today. In every situation, there is opportunity. Where is your opportunity today?
The Affirmation Spot – Your source for MP3 affirmations
Earth Day Affirmations
Whatever your spiritual perspective, there is no denying that the Earth physically sustains us all every day. To me, that is worth celebrating and respecting.
It’s a wonderful thing that we now set aside a day to honor the amazing miracle that is our Planet. It is also a beacon to recall what miracles we all are.
To set the Earth and her people against each other, seems equally foolish to wasting the planet’s resources. We must find ways to balance our needs for commerce and advancement with the realistic resources provided by our planet.
The extremes on both ends fail to grasp the combined value that is the Earth and Humanity. Today may we find a renewed respect and hope for both!
Here are a few Earth Day affirmations for you. Be the person you came to the planet to be today.
- Earth Affirmation: “Today I celebrate both the diversity and the connectedness present here on Planet Earth.”
- Earth Affirmation: “Today I care for the Earth by recognizing its miraculous nature and mine!”
- Earth Affirmation: “Today I care for the Earth by remembering how small and connected we all are!”
- Earth Affirmation: “Today I care for the Earth by taking care of the other creatures that share it with me.”
- Earth Affirmation: “Today I care for the Earth by caring for my fellow human beings and expanding compassion on our planet.”
- Earth Affirmation: “Today I bless and care for the Earth by using only what I need.”
- Earth Affirmation: “Today and every day I bless and care the Earth, as she blesses and cares for me.”
- Earth Affirmation: “I believe in a protected Earth and a free Humanity. I refuse to sacrifice either! My life is a catalyst for both!”
- Earth Affirmation:”I am one with the ocean. The ebb and flow of the sea merges with my breath to create a profound calm”
- Earth Affirmation: “I am one with the forest. Being among the trees, I am completely grounded as I reach for the sky along with them.”
- Earth Affirmation: “I am in touch with nature. Every day I feel my feet touch the Earth. I feel the wind fill my lungs. I feel the water bring life to every cell of my being. I feel the warm sunshine on my face. I am in touch with nature.”
Ray Davis is the founder of The Affirmation Spot. He’s been studying and practicing personal development for 30 years. He’s also studied many of the world’s spiritual traditions and mythologies.
Find more TAS motivational content.
Website | YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
Today’s affirmation is:
“My awareness is expanding beyond all boundaries I have ever set for myself. My resources are limitless, my abilities are limitless, my potential is limitless.” (click the affirmation to listen to it)
Motivational speaker Jack Canfield discusses the first step to achieving your goals. Run time is 3:11.