I wrote this is, well, not quite a poem back in 1997. It’s about getting on your path and encountering the giants that came before you. It’s how you measure up.
On my journey this day, I follow in the footsteps of the immortals. The imprints they have left behind on the Earth are large and their strides are a stretch for me. Yet, if I dare not encounter them and measure myself by them, how shall I ever know the true immensity of my own being?
So, I step consciously into the light; walking the path they once walked. Leaving it, occasionally, and improvising. Adding to it qualities uniquely my own.
Breathing with the trees and conversing with the clouds, as once they did. Our collective wisdom grows until no distinction remains among the path, the immortals, and me.
Follow and achieve your greatness!
For those of us of a certain age, we have a memory of a shy young school teacher suddenly be thrust upon the world stage because she married a prince. We watched that woman – Princess Diana – become a global icon and a tireless voice for a better world.
Then, in what seemed like a nightmare, she was taken from us abruptly. She was one of the few people in the world who was so popular, she could literally speak around media outlets and directly to the people.
- Only do what your heart tells you.
- I don’t go by the rule book… I lead from the heart, not the head.
- I like to be a free spirit. Some don’t like that, but that’s the way I am.
- Anywhere I see suffering, that is where I want to be, doing what I can.
- If you find someone you love in your life, then hang on to that love.
- Hugs can do great amounts of good – especially for children.
- When you are happy you can forgive a great deal.
- Everyone needs to be valued. Everyone has the potential to give something back.
- The greatest problem in the world today is intolerance. Everyone is so intolerant of each other.
Have a wonderful Sunday!
You’ve probably heard the famed Eleanor Roosevelt quote, “No one can make you feel inferior without your permission.”
Another way of saying this is no one can steal your self-worth without your permission. It got me thinking, what are some other things no one can steal from you or make you do without your consent?
- No one can limit your ability to love without your permission.
- No one can steal your joy without your permission.
- No one can deny you your success without your permission.
- No one else can upset your peace and well-being without your permission.
- No one can push you off your life’s path without your permission.
- No one can compel you to hate without your permission.
- No one can force you to choose fear without your permission.
- No one can stop you from becoming a better you without your permission.
- No one can divide you from other human beings by superficial differences without your permission.
- No one can steal you vision of a better future without your permission.
When we begin to master our mindsets and control our energy, we are less susceptible to forces who would take from us things that are ours to decide for ourselves.
Have an amazing day, my friends. As always, thanks for taking a few minutes to read the blog today. If you’re ready for more, please check out the links below.
Not one of us is on our game every single day. Let’s be honest. There are days , or longer sometimes, when you’re just not feeling it. The spark is flickering and you’d rather just pull the covers back over your head or binge watch some TV than chase down your dreams.
OK. You need a breather sometimes and it’s wise to recognize it. However, when the breather becomes stagnation, procrastination, and a general lack of concern for goals that had you on fire; it’s time to intervene.
Here are a few tips to re-light your pilot light and get back on your path.
- Revisit your goals and dreams. In the heat of pursuing your dreams, it’s possible to lose touch with your WHY. Your WHY is the emotional fire that got you started. Use it to reignite the engines.
- Change your goals and dreams. Listen closely when you try to reconnect with your existing goals and dreams. Things change. You change. Sometimes you simply lose interest in your those goals, those dreams, and that why behind them. It’s perfectly fine to acknowledge that, change course, or begin again. In for a penny, does not mean you have to stay in against your will all the way to the pound.
- Take the pressure off. Maybe you still want those goals and those dreams, but you’re feeling unsure how to proceed and that’s manifesting as engaging in distraction and delay. You might be feeling like you’re facing a blank page you have to fill every day to keep this path going. You’re not alone. Ask for help. Ask for advice from people further along your path. Go within. Part of the reason you have those specific dreams, goals, and why is because it’s part and parcel to who you are and who you’re meant to be. Get quiet and listen. The answers are there. You don’t have to consciously make this sh*t up as you go. God, the Universe, however you want to term that, has your back.
- Affirm. If you’ve determined you’re still in the right path or made the necessary adjustments and you’ve listened for the answers, get your heart and mind re-engaged by affirming that YOU CAN DO THIS AND YOU ARE DOING IT!
- Act. The break’s over. You’ve changed the oil and rotated the tires. Time to get back on the road. You don’t have to start HUGE. Just start. Remember: thoughts and emotion are the fuel for your dream, but action is its hands and feet.
- Finally, DO NOT beat yourself up. You have goals to achieve and dreams to realize. There’s no time for a pity party. The world needs what you have to offer. S, get to it!
Have an amazing and inspired day, my friends!