My life is filled with one positive experience after another. I make use of every experience in my growth.
Here are 58 things to be thankful for. Some may seem counter-intuitive. However, even the negative sometimes is worthy of our thankfulness. I’ve probably left some off my list. Leave a comment today and let me know what you are thankful for.
- Sun – without it’s warmth and light we could not exist.
- Earth – the beautiful planet that sustains us.
- Water – the sauce of life.
- Life – each and every morning we wake up is a new chance to be the person we want to be.
- Shelter – something to shield us from the elements.
- Children – the happy nature and innocence of children remind us how we are meant to be.
- Food – an absolute blessing for those who struggle for it and something to be more appreciative of for those of us who never worry about our next meal.
- Faith – our faith in ourselves and in something greater than ourselves.
- Minds – the power to think, to reason, to grow, and to adapt.
- Lines – for making us slow down and enjoy where we are.
- Compassion – for getting over ourselves to consider and understand someone else.
- Hope – reminds us there is a potential upside to every situation.
- Giving – when we give we remember that nothing truly belongs to us and it frees us from our attachments.
- Receiving – the opportunity to have our needs met while allowing others to give.
- Fear – for teaching us love, strength, and humility.
- Work – whether a career, a hobby, or community work; the sense that we have something to do when we get up in the morning is something to be thankful for.
- Sleep – for providing a way to rest the body.
- Friendship – those people who choose to spend key parts of their lives with us.
- Family – those people we wound up with by fate, but stay with out of love.
- Anger – for teaching us the benefits of peace.
- Peace – peace within and as much peace without as we can muster.
- Sight – the ability to see the beautiful world we inhabit.
- Love – the glue that holds us together.
- Difficulty – for making us strong and giving us something to compare with the heights.
- Stars – the wonder and glory of the night sky.
- Hatred – for reminding us to love (may we need ever-less reminding)
- Surprises – the wonderful things in life that we didn’t expect.
- Visionaries – people who see the world not as it is, but as it could be.
- Change – the ever-present possibility of improving ourselves and the world.
- Purpose – the plan to achieve something in this life and the firm belief that you can.
- Wind – a source of comfort, energy, and a metaphor for change.
- Music – the soundtrack of our lives.
- Possibility – the memory that something more and different is out there.
- Today – an opportunity to make the most of what we have.
- Tomorrow – the hoped for opportunity to continue our dreams.
- Sorrow – for making joy possible.
- Joy – the deep and intense happiness about being alive.
- Freedom – the ability to think, act, and be who you are.
- Acceptance – the ability be at peace with how things are for the moment.
- Learning – the opportunity to enhance our potential.
- Success – the opportunity to enjoy the fruits of our work.
- Adversity – for reminding us how strong we can be.
- Grass – for carpeting our planet and being a nice place to lie and look at the sky.
- Soil – a medium to grow food and plants.
- Moon – the most beautiful object in the night sky and the timepiece marking our lives through its phases.
- Innovation – for improving our experience of life.
- Dreams – the fuel that drives us through tough times and gives a reason to aim high.
- Options – the ability to choose.
- Sharing – the opportunity to pool our talents and resources.
- Flowers – they add beautiful sights and smells to our world.
- Clouds – for bringing the rain that cleanses and for helping me appreciate the sunshine.
- Mountains – they provide beauty, challenge, and the ability to see a long way.
- Oceans – beauty, unimaginable power, source of life and transportation.
- Competition – the opportunity to test ourselves and to improve.
- History – for teaching us the lessons we need to learn over and over until we get them.
- Future – for giving us the opportunity to try again.
- Death – for reminding us of life’s value.
- Meaning – the search for which makes our lives the journey that they are.
Ray Davis is the Founder of The Affirmation Spot and focuses on empowering minds to think positively, achieve goals, and live dreams.
Ray’s latest speculative fiction novel, Anunnaki Awakening: Revelation, is turning heads.
“My mind is officially blown!”
“I’m loving this book. There’s only one problem. I was so into the story that I missed by bus stop.” “I need Book 2. Now!”
White House Correspondent Maria Love on her quest to learn the truth of human origins and the Anunnaki’s role in our emergence. She discovers their intervention never stopped, but can she act quickly enough to change the destiny of two worlds? Author Graham Hancock said, “We are a species with amnesia.” Let your Awakening begin today.