“An optimist stays up until midnight to see the new year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves.”
~ Bill Vaughn
As you look at that quote, which one fits you? If you’re in the first group, please keep that momentum flowing in your life and the world as you impact it in 2012. If you’re in the latter group, a new year is a new start. It’s a chance to ask whether that way of seeing the world is getting you where you want to go in life.
2012 promises to be an intriguing year. There have been a lot of seeds planted in the mass consciousness about this year. Even if nothing historic or catastrophic happens, we are going to have to diffuse all the psychological baggage that accompanies the coming of this year. For what many still don’t realize, is that are our minds (individually and collectively) are not separate from the world “out there”. Our thoughts are, in fact, the root system of the “tree” we see manifested as the “real” world around us. If you dig up a tree, you will find it all stems from its root system. If you dig up our world of events and experiences, you soon see it is made up of our thoughts.
The cross-currents of disempowerment will be many and vocal in this historic year. The pace of change – real and perceived – is going to pick up during this year because of the built up psychological expectations for it. That makes it more important than ever to empower your mind and think the thoughts and envision the world you desire.
I am posting New Year’s Affirmations a little early so that you can begin using them now to get your new year off to a great start. Here are 23 affirmations to get your new year off to an empowering start.
I recommend you begin the year with using either “this year” or “In 2012,” and as you get beyond the change of the year change it to “Today” or “Right now”.
- This year I AM the person I came to the planet to be!
- In 2012, I AM the change I want to see in my world!
- This year, I AM a miracle in motion!
- In 2012, I AM bigger than my doubts, bolder than my fears, and stronger than my obstacles!
- This year I challenge my paradigms to prove their worth and I change those paradigms that fail the test.
- In 2012, I choose to live in the sunshine of my possibilities, rather than the shadows of my doubt.
- This year my life is built on choices, not chances!
- In 2012, I breathe in every experience life has to offer and exhale a life well-lived!
- This year I AM the engine of my dreams!
- In 2012, my life is what I make of it and I choose to make it a _____ place to be!
- This year I follow my bliss! This year I experience my bliss! This year I become my bliss!
- In 2012, I am an abundance multiplier! As I succeed, I help others succeed too!
- My life belongs to me! This year I begin anew!
- Forget Resolutions! In 2012, I’m having a thought revolution!
- This year I have a budget and I’m sticking to it!
- In 2012, I CHOOSE a love centered world over a a fear centered world!
- 2012 is MY year! My possibilities multiply, my successes magnify, and my potential is realized!
- As I turn my face to 2012, a brilliant new Sun dawns in my life!
- An amazing light lives within me! My light grows brighter and brighter throughout 2012!
- 2012 brings the perfect people and the perfect opportunities into my life!
- My personal recession ends in 2012! My career/business is zooming to new heights!
- My immune system is healthy, strong, and protecting me in 2012!
- This year I am flawlessly executing my business plan!
Ray Davis is the Founder of The Affirmation Spot and focuses on empowering minds to think positively, achieve goals, and live dreams. He is the author or the ebook The Power to Be You: Game-Changing Posidigms for Daily Life – a book of 416 original empowering quotes, thoughts, and affirmations. Read the intro to The Power to Be You or Download the entire ebook for free.
You also may enjoy Affirmations for Attracting the Life You Want.
Thanks for sharing this page with a friend!
“The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
Without goals and dreams, we quickly become victims of the status quo. We often use goals and dreams interchangeably. For me, the distinction is that a dream is the big vision and goals are the milestones that build the dream. Dreams are summit of the mountain and goals are the footholds along the way.
It is my belief that we can be, do, or have anything we want in life, if we are committed enough to believe and take action.
Accomplishing goals and dreams requires clarity of purpose (Napoleon Hill called this a burning desire), focus, and perseverance. There are few things in life more in the wheelhouse for affirmations.
What is your vision and what your steps, commitments, and milestones to get there? These affirmations are written to support you in that quest. There are a few that are similar to help you find the one with the right wording for you.
- When my why is strong enough, my how always appears.
- I follow my bliss. I experience my bliss. I become my bliss.
- Today I am absolutely committed to being the person I came to the planet to be!
- I am the engine of my dreams. My dreams never give up on me and I never give up on them!
- It is not the mountain I conquer, but myself. I am reaching for the top of the mountain and my day in the sun is here!
- My doubts become shadows in the sunlight of my determination.
- Roadblocks are simply shortcuts to something better than I had planned!
- I aspire to great things. One by one, I am achieving all of them!
- Today I have a clear goal in mind and I am focused like a laser on accomplishing it!
- My goal is my target and today I am on target!
- Today I block out distractions and remain committed to my tasks!
- When I set out to achieve something I eliminate all the negatives and naysayers and focus completely on my goal!
- Everything that happens in my life perfectly prepares me to achieve my dreams!
- When I really want my goals and dreams, my goals and dreams really want me!
- Today I am at the top of my game. I have unstoppable momentum all the way to my dreams!
- My life is a testament to the power of determination. When I go the extra mile success is always waiting.
- Today I listen deeply to the goals and dreams that are speaking to me right now.
- Today I pay attention to what is most important to me and I pursue that!
- Today I live with purpose and my purpose lights my path to my goals and dreams!
- I take committed action for my dreams. I am on the fast track to them right now!
- Today my purpose is clear and my life path opens before me.
- I CAN! I know I CAN! And today I AM!
- Today the road to my goals has green lights as far as I can see.
- Today I master my distractions and stay on purpose.
- Today I am moving unstoppably like a tsunami toward my goals!
- Today I am out of blocks fast and racing down the track towards my goals.
- I am ready for whatever challenges life brings today. I am digging in and pushing forward towards my goals.
- Empowered thoughts and determined action are manifesting my dreams faster than ever today!
- I think power thoughts! I take power action! I achieve power results!
- Today I am turning my goals into action and my actions into results.
- My goals are right in front of me. Today I’m all about achieving them!
- Today I master my distractions before they master me!
- Today my believing becomes achieving, as my actions turn to results.
- I am blowing by my limitations and achieving my most cherished dreams.
- Today I am digging deep, reaching high, and achieving great things!
- Today I leave my doubts in the dust and climb the mountain of my dreams!
- Like a laser to a target, I am achieving every goal!
- Today I am converting the energy of my dreams into the momentum of action!
- Today I convert my potential into action and results!
- Today I am pushing through my barriers and on to bigger and better things.
- When I encounter a mountain in my life I put on my climbing gear and start climbing!
- I push my limits and I achieve great things!
- Every giant achievement was once a small dream acted upon. Today I act on my dreams!
- Whatever I can unify in my mind and in my heart I can manifest in my world.
- Today every “must do” gets me one step closer to living my goal!
- Today I spend more energy on my goals than on my worries!
- Today I release every attachment that holds me back from my goals!
- Each and every day provides me with a perfect mix of sun and rain to grow my dreams into realities!
- Today I am ready, willing, and able to follow my dreams!
- I give myself completely to my purpose and my purpose gives me completely to success and happiness.
- Today I remember that every situation is part of my purpose and my plan coming together perfectly!
- I AM HERE. And if I am here, I am here for a reason.
- I am a find-a-way, make-a-way person! Every dream is possible for me!
- A new sense of purpose is totally permeating my being. I am upbeat and moving toward my goals.
- Today and every day, all the pieces are falling together perfectly in my life.
Follow your bliss. Experience your bliss. Become your bliss.
Website | YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | PayPal
I began this poem in 1993 and finished it in 1997. It describes a transformation from disappointment and heartache to selfhood. I hope you enjoy. Would love to read your comments.
Free now of all reveling
in unimportant things.
Fraught with expectations
full of broken dreams.
Moving right ahead now
with visions grandiose.
Summoning the courage
to conquer all my ghosts.
Knowing in the fullness
of the days that are to come;
my obstacles will fall away
and my fears shall be undone.
Mindful in this moment;
connected to my fate.
My sense of separate self
begins to dissipate.
Dissolving now completely
into the cosmic whole.
All enters my awareness
I reach my final goal.
Knowing for the first time
who I truly am.
I am Universal Mind
and it is but a man.
Follow your bliss. Experience your bliss. Become your bliss.
Ray Davis is the founder of The Affirmation Spot. He’s spent more than 25 years studying personal development and especially writing, recording, and using affirmations to achieve his goals. His eBook – The Power to Be You – offers 416 life-changing and original quotes, ideas, and affirmations to take you to new levels of achievement and reflection.
Anunnaki Awakening: Revelation, Ray’s first novel, is turning heads and opening minds. Humanity’s past is checkered, secret, and dangerous.
White House Correspondent Maria Love is on to the story of her life and with the help of an Anunnaki leader seeks to unravel and reveal history’s biggest conspiracy. The Awakening has begun!
“Without wonder and insight, acting is just a trade. With it, it becomes creation.”
~ Bette Davis
There are people on this planet who have a dream. That dream is to be on stage or screen and make-believe while the rest of us watch. These are people bring the words of writers and screenwriters to life. We call them actors and actresses. With the possible exception of becoming a professional athlete, there is no bigger dream in western culture than becoming a movie star.
Many thousands of people act just for the pure love of it. They fill roles in community theater or Broadway or off-Broadway. These actors still harbor that dream of a big break or a memorable role that can set them on their way to greatness.
Whichever describes you, staying focused, motivated, and believing in your dream is a necessity. Whether you have already achieved some success, you’re the next big thing waiting to happen, or you just love acting for the joy of acting, these affirmations are for you.
- My best audition comes just in time for my ideal role!
- Each and every day, I grow as an actor/actress!
- When I’m at my best, I become my role and my role becomes me!
- Rejections are momentary setbacks not global calamities. I pull myself together and keep auditioning!
- I am a great actor/actress! Roles are finding me!
- I am brilliant and believable in every role I accept.
- My star is rising! My biggest acting dreams are coming true!
- Right now I am attracting the scripts and the roles that are taking my career to the next level.
- An Oscar-winning actor/actress lives within me! Today that actor/actress shows up on the screen.
- I AM an actor! The jobs I do on my way to the top are stepping stones to a dream!
- I am a gifted actor/actress with star written all over me!
- Even when I have setbacks, I am still an amazing actor/actress.
- All great actors/actresses connect with their roles. I am a great actor/actress!
- All great actors/actresses connect with their audience. I am a great actor/actress!
- A box office sensation lives within me! My breakthrough role is coming to me right now.
- When I act, I take my audience on the journey with me!
- Today I embody the characters I play better than ever before.
- I am a good actor/actress on my way to being great!
- I am a great actor on my way to being world-class!
- I bring out the best in my co-stars in every scene.
- I am a Broadway-caliber actor/actress. My big Broadway break is coming to me right now!
- I see my moment thanking The Academy for my first Oscar! I feel my moment thanking The Academy for my first Oscar! I become my moment thanking The Academy for my first Oscar!
- I AM an actor/actress! When I am on stage, I am completely alive!
- Acting is an art form and I am an amazing artist!
- Every time I step on stage, magic happens!
- Every time I appear on screen, magic happens!
If there are other areas of acting you would like me to write affirmations for and add to this list, ping me on Twitter @affirmationspot.
Follow your bliss. Experience your bliss. Become your bliss.
Ray Davis is the founder of The Affirmation Spot. He’s been studying and practicing personal development for 30 years. He’s also studied many of the world’s spiritual traditions and mythologies.
Find more TAS motivational content.
Website | YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
Thought for Today:
“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas-time.”
~Laura Ingalls Wilder
In the hustle and bustle that accompanies this time of the year, may you stop, breathe deeply, and ingest the spirit of the season. This is a season when light fills hearts and we recall that there is meaning and purpose in our lives. We experience the importance of the interior journey and how it connects us to and transforms the world around us.
We remember that giving, without expectation, is the doorway to receiving beyond expectation. Mostly, though, we remember that hope conquers every doubt, illuminates every shadow, and heals every wound, if you are willing to let it work through you.
Today a few affirmations to help you see the Christmas season with new eyes and new hearts.
- Today I spread the light of Christmas everywhere I go!
- I allow the joy of this season to fill my heart and propel me into a prosperous new year!
- Christmas is MY day! I plan to enjoy all it has to offer!
- I love peace on Earth and goodwill toward men and I practice it all year long!
- This year I’m focused on what Christmas means to me rather than what it means to the world.
- This year I refuse to allow guilt to ruin my Christmas experience!
- When I make Christmas about sharing rather than getting, I always feel better.
- Breathing in, I feel the love of Christmas. Breathing out, I embody the love of Christmas.
- This year I am absolutely committed to restoring the true meaning of Christmas in my life!
- The energy of Christmas is game-changing when I allow it to spread throughout my life.
- Today I feel the joy of the season. Today I feel the peace of the season. Today I feel the love of the season.
- Today I am breathing in the light and love of the season and sharing it with everyone I meet!
- I love the holiday season because the long lines teach me patience.
- Christmas is my chance to activate the power of giving in my life.
- My mind is filled with hope. My heart is filled with joy. It’s Christmastime and anything is possible!
- Christmas is a new beginning and I am making the most of it!
- Breathing in, I experience the power of Christmas. Breathing out, I share the power of Christmas.
- Today the sights and sounds and smells of the season fill me with joy!
Stay inspired! Great things are on the way to you right now!
Website | YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | One-time PayPal Donation