I accept my losses and learn from them! Defeat is simply opportunity disguised as setback.
Many people see losing or a loss as a very negative thing. Like anything else, losing is all in how you look at it. A well-studied loss can be every bit as valuable in our journey as a victory. I’m not saying that losing is more fun than winning or that winning isn’t valuable. Clearly, we all want to win.
The truth is that most winners had to experience losing before they ever succeeded. So what if you chose to look at your losses in a slightly different light? A loss might be seen as Lessons and Obstacles on your way to Stunning Successes.
- L – Lessons: Losing nearly always provides some lessons and some clues on how to improve. If you pay attention to the things that contributed to the loss, you can apply those lessons to future situations. Given time, you find the winning combination.
- O – Obstacles – Losses are clearly obstacles. After all, your goal was to win or succeed. However, an obstacle might challenge you to improve or increase your determination to succeed. Used as mental and emotional leverage, a good obstacle can propel you to future victories.
- S – Stunning – Losing can get you down and make you feel unworthy. In that dark moment of loss, remember to see what a stunning miracle you are. You are a diamond in the rough slowly being polished into something very special.
- S – Successes – Success is that moment of break through when the journey of loss has been transformed into victory. The lessons, obstacles, and seeing how stunning you are kept you on track to enjoy the sweet taste of success.
So you see a loss is never loss. It’s an opportunity, an invitation to a journey of self-discovery, stretching yourself, and new achievement.
Follow your bliss! Experience your bliss! Become your bliss!
Good morning, my friends. May these random motivational thoughts get your day off to an inspired start.
My answers are coming g to me now!
We live in a universe more mysterious than we e even begun to guess. Back in the 60s, Bob Dylan wrote the classic song – “Blowin’ in the Wind.”
“The answer, my friend,” the song promises, “Is blowing in the wind.”
Are you looking for an answer to a question, a challenge, or resolution to a situation? The answer is, indeed, blowing in the wind.
Put your desire for a solution clearly out into the universe. Then…listen. Listen everywhere. The answer may come from anywhere in your day today and in any form. Be ready. An overheard conversation, a passing thought, a commercial, insight gained from a moment in nature may hold your answer.
Know this for certain. Your answer is there and it’s on it’s way to you.
People always tell you, “Have an open mind.” Rarely, do they suggest how. Here are five very practical ways to open your mind.
- Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes. We wake up every morning and have to work our compassion and love around this big “I” stuck in the middle of our minds. Choose to consciously stand in someone else’s perspective, without judgement, for a while. You will open yourself to whole new ways of thinking.
- Do things with your off hand for a day. Nothing closes our minds to new possibilities like mindless habit. Doing things with your opposite hand requires focus and forces you see your daily activities in a new way.
- Play What If. What if just for today you accepted a premise that’s completely out of your comfort zone. You don’t have to buy in 100 percent. Just give it a chance for one day and see where it takes you.
- Phone a friend. Have a challenge? Ask three of the most different people you know how they’d handle the situation. The diversity of views might just help you triangulate the best approach.
- Get out of your comfort zone. That’s such common advice, I know, that’s it’s practically useless. Here’s a practical way to do it by changing your priorities. When given the choice between “The Adventure” and your security, choose “The Adventure” more often. The security in staying where you are is just the illusion of familiarity. You’re not more secure by staying put than by keep in moving. So, choose to keep in moving.
Follow these five tips often and I guarantee you you’ll have a productively more open mind in six months then you do today.
Stay the course, my friends! One new thought can open a whole new world and you never know when it might happen.
I’m still working toward my goal of 1000 YouTube subscribers. If you haven’t, please head over to my channel and subscribe. THANK YOU for your support!
It’s a nice thought and a worthy aspiration to be filled with light and love 365/24/7. In realty, unless you have attained a high state of enlightenment, you slip and fall. You release negative vibrations out into the world. It’s OK. It happens. You’re human.
Here’s a way to think about your vibrational contribution without beating yourself up each time you crash to Earth.
In business, there’s a financial statement known as a balance sheet. It’s purpose is to state a company’s assets and liabilities. If the company has more assets than liabilities, it’s solvent. If not, it’s in financial trouble and may go out of business.
The human collective has a vibrational balance sheet consisting of positive vibrations (assets) and negative vibrations (liabilities) that we are all putting out into the world all day every day.
To keep your personal vibrational balance sheet strong and contribute positively to the collective balance sheet, follow this simple rule of thumb.
For every negative you put out into the world, put at least two positives out there. This ensures a strong balance sheet that allows humanity to continue to thrive and evolve on this planet.
You are amazing, My friends. Thanks for stopping by. If today’s post inspired you, please share it with a friend.