There are many mental traps you can fall into that can limit your pursuit of your dreams. One of the most common and believable is, “It’s too late.” My goal in the rest of this post is to convince you that’s not so!
25 It’s Never Too Late Quotes
- Who told you it was too late? And more importantly, why did you choose to believe them? ~Richelle Goodrich
- So long as you have courage and a sense of humor, it’s never too late to start life afresh. ~Freeman Dyson
- in the end you are the only one who can make yourself happy. More important, …it is never too late to find out how to do it. ~Ruth Reichl
- No star is ever lost we once have seen. We always may be what we might have been. ~Adelaide Ann Proctor
- As long as you’re breathing, it’s never too late to do some good. ~Maya Angelou
- It’s never too late to give up what you are doing and start doing what you realize you love. ~Hans Rosling
- It’s never too late. Don’t focus on what was taken away. Find something to replace it and acknowledge the blessing you have. ~Drew Barrymore
- You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream. ~C.S. Lewis
- It’s never too late to learn. ~Malcolm Forbes
- It’s never too late to mend your ways. ~American Proverb
- It’s never too late to be great. ~Jordan Burroughs
- Remember that it’s never too late and you’re never too old to get the body you were born to have. ~David Kirsch
- I just want to show the world it’s never too late to get your diploma, and show kids they should stay in school and not wait until you’re old to get it. ~Flavor Flav
- I’m living the dream! I just want to tell actors and writers it’s never too late, and it can happen when you least expect it. ~Geneva Carr
- It’s never too late to take your heart health seriously and make it a priority. ~Jennie Garth
- It’s never too late to reclaim your inner diva and reclaim your inner strength. ~Michelle Visage
- Sometimes too late is just in time. ~C.J. Carlyon
- It’s never too late to take another path. ~David Suzuki
- It’s never too late to give up your prejudices. ~Henry David Thoreau
- It’s never too late to drop your beliefs and let your wounds heal. ~Adam Scythe
- There is nothing better in life than being a late bloomer. Success can happen at any time and at any age. You can have a spiritual awakening and discover a new side of yourself. And best of all, love can happen at any age. ~Salma Hayek
- You’re never too old, never too bad, never too late and never too sick to start from the scratch once again. ~Bikram Choudhury
- Live your life and forget your age. ~Norman Vincent Peale
- Aging is a physical process, but age is a state of mind. ~Ted Smith
- It matters only that you manifest your genius; it doesn’t matter when. It’s never too late or too early. ~Mark Victor Hansen
10 People Who Proved It’s Never Too Late
- Satchel Paige – denied his right to be among the elite pitchers in MLB history by the color barrier, Paige threw his first MLB pitch at age 42 and his last at 59.
- Laura Ingalls Wilder – the world-famous author of the “Little House” books didn’t have her first book published until she was 65.
- Gladys Burrill – competed in her first marathon at 86 and her last at 92.
- Susan Boyle – was 47 when she shocked the world on Britain’s Got Talent to become a global singing star.
- Peter Mark Roget – retired at 61 and always enjoyed making lists. At age 73, he published one of the most read books in the English language – Roget’s Thesaurus.
- Anna Mary Robertson – took up painting at 67 after her husband’s death. When she was 78, an art collector bought all her paintings. They were shown at the Museum of Modern Art in New York. She became known to the world as “Grandma Moses.”
- Ronald Reagan – while today we think little of a candidate running for president in their 70s, Ronald Reagan took office in 1981 at the age of 69; considered ancient at the time. He’d run for president twice before and failed. He remains the oldest elected president at 73 Years 249 days and oldest serving president at 77 years 349 days.
- Colonel Harland Sanders – at 65, a penniless retired small-time restaurant owner took his “secret recipe” chicken on the the road looking for franchisees. The story goes he was rejected by more than 1000 restaurant owners before he found one in Salt Lake City. Within 10 years, Kentucky Fried Chicken became the world’s largest chicken restaurant chain.
- Ray Kroc – worked as a cup and milkshake machine salesman. One of his customers – the McDonald brothers – ran a hamburger joint that impressed him. At 59, he bought the company and turned into the world’s largest franchise before his death.
- Harry Bernstein – wrote more than 20 unpublished novels. At the age of 97, his autobiographical novel – The Invisible Wall – was published to critical acclaim. He followed that with two more books.
Well, I don’t know about you, but I’m fresh out of reasons why it’s too late to pursue my dreams. Let’s get to it!
Keep believing in a Better You and a better world, my friends.