Henry Wadsworth Longfellow is one of the great American poets ever and among the greatest world poets of the 19th century. He wasn’t bad a coining motivational quotes in his poetry. This is one stirring example.
Mr. Longfellow is among those included in my growing Motivational Quotes library. You can read more of his quotes here.
One of the great things about little kids is they are not as afraid as we adults to not know what they want. It’s totally OK sometimes to not know what you want. Stay with it. Go within. Your answers are there.
I’ve always been a quotes person. I enjoy finding new quotes and using them to motivate me. I often coin new motivational quotes that come to me and have posted many of them on the web over the years with the hashtag #rayquote. For me, quotes like these often cut through cobwebs in my mind, shaking loose new ideas, perspectives, and paths forward. I hope at least one inspires you today!
Here are seven #rayquotes to provoke thought and inspire change.
- Stress is what you feel when you’ve lost sight of your WHY. When your WHY is strong, so are you.
- We are either doorways for fear in this world or doorways for love.
- It costs nothing to believe in yourself and everything not to.
- A well-studied loss is worth a dozen mindless victories.
- A challenge only becomes an obstacle when you bow to it. (This one has become quite famous showing up on t-shirts, in books, and on quotes sites.)
- Adversity is not failure. Adversity is fuel.
- When you unleash your best you can undo your worst.
Have a fantastic day, my friends! Thank you so much for reading and sharing these blogs.
Eleanor Roosevelt was much more than a first lady. She was a visionary who pushed her husband in progressive directions and a philosopher and social commentator of enormous stature.
Check out more Eleanor Roosevelt Quotes on the TAS website.
Following are motivational and inspirational quotes by people born on February 24.
- The sun will not rise or set without my notice and thanks. ~Winslow Homer
- Talent! There’s not such thing as talent. What they call talent is nothing but the capacity for doing continuous hard work in the right way. ~Winslow Homer
- Whatever seeds each man cultivates will grow to maturity and bear in him their own fruit. ~ Giovanni Pico della Mirandola
- I don’t fold under pressure, great athletes perform better under pressure, so put pressure on me. ~Floyd Mayweather
- A true champ can adapt to anything. ~Floyd Mayweather
- Never cry. Never complain. Just work. ~Floyd Mayweather
- I want to put a ding in the Universe. ~Steve Jobs
- Sometimes life is going to hit you in the head with a brick. Don’t lose faith. ~Steve Jobs
- Let’s go invent tomorrow rather than worrying about what happened yesterday. ~Steve Jobs
- You have to trust something – your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. ~Steve Jobs
What I love about Will Smith is he has used his success to spread the word that the power to achieve, succeed, and thrive is right here within all of us. Success? He’s had his share. He starred in a successful TV show – The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air – having never acted before arriving on the set. He’s had success as recording artist, including two Grammy Awards. He really made his mark, though, as one of Hollywood’s most consistently marketable leading men, scoring blockbuster after blockbuster. That’s $7.5 billion in box office revenue worldwide.
Here are 16 of the best motivational Will Smith quotes I’ve come across.
- Greatness is not this wonderful, esoteric, elusive, god-like feature that only the special among us will ever taste, it’s something that truly exists in all of us.
- In my mind, I’ve always been an A-list Hollywood superstar. Y’all just didn’t know yet.
- I wake up every morning believing today is going to be better than yesterday.
- Life isn’t how many breaths you take, but it’s the moments that take your breath away.
- Fear is not real. The only place that fear can exist is in our thoughts of the future. It is a product of our imagination, causing us to fear things that do not at present and may not ever exist. Do not misunderstand me danger is very real, but fear is a choice.
- There’s no reason to have a plan B because it distracts from plan A.
- Being realistic is the most commonly traveled road to mediocrity.
- Stop letting people who do so little for you control so much of your mind, feelings and emotions.
- If you’re absent during my struggle don’t expect to be present during my success.
- If you’re not making someone else’s life better, than you are wasting your time. Your life will become better by making other people’s lives better.
- Don’t chase people. Be yourself, do your own thing and work hard. The right people – the ones who really belong in your life – will come to you. and stay.
- I don’t know what my calling is, but I want to be here for a bigger reason. I strive to be like the greatest people who have ever lived.
- I never viewed myself as particularly talented. Where I excel is ridiculous, sickening, work ethic. You know, while the other guy’s sleeping, I’m working.
- Greatness exists in all of us.
- Sometimes you have to forget what’s gone, appreciate what still remains, and look forward to what’s coming next.
- So if you stay ready, you ain’t gotta get ready, and that is how I run my life.
Good Tuesday to you, my friends! It’s Tuesday, but for many of us, it’s Monday after the holiday. Here are five powerful mindset quotes to keep your vibe high today.
- Leave everything you have on the field today.
- You don’t have to wait for change. Change is waiting for you.
- While you pursue happiness, remember to be happy.
- Success is in your DNA. You just need to activate it.
- To get bigger answers, you ask bigger questions.
If you like these, check out my growing library of quotes pages and, of course, topical affirmations on the TAS website.
Have FANTASTIC Tuesday!