Happy New Year’s Eve to everyone Europe and west. Happy New Year to those of you ringing in 2019 already!
As you enter 2019, I want you to be SUPER aware of two words that you probably say mindlessly hundreds of times a week…I AM. Other than your name, there are no other words in the English language (or any other) as powerful as I AM.
As the pitcher and catcher are “the battery” on a baseball field, I AM is the battery of affirmations. The AM is actually an equals sign. Even though we say it often, this phrase has an untold power on our consciousness. I AM is really I =.
I AM fat. I AM lazy. I AM cold. I AM happy. I AM always last in line. Each and every one of these are mindless affirmations telling pelting our subconscious with instructions on how to view the world. Perhaps more importantly, they are instructions to the Universe to help more of that show up. After all, we all like to be proven right.
When feed I AM statements to ourselves, consciously or unconsciously, we are telling ourselves and the world WHO we are. Be cautious with this phrase. Use it with intention. Empower your mind, your body, and your spirit with I AM statements that support your highest self.
Do that and I promise you 2019 will be your best year yet! Here, let me get you started on the right track. You are AMAZING. You are a ONE-IN-A-TRILLION MIRACLE. You are DESTINED TO GREAT THINGS!
Follow your bliss. Experience your bliss. Become your bliss.
For more inspiring content, visit The Affirmation Spot website or YouTube channel.
I’ve been writing, recording, and using affirmations for many years. I’ve found that listening to affirmations in an audio format is the most effective way for me to add them to my busy schedule and get maximum benefit from them.
Affirmations are still among the most powerful ways to shift your mindset in positive ways. Yes! Action is required, but empowered thinking is still the fuel for the action.
Here are my tips using affirmations.
- Listen passively – have you ever had that experience where you didn’t think you were listening to the words of a song or a commercial and you suddenly know them? That’s how listening passively to audio affirmations works. You listen while you’re living your life. You may not think you’re listening, but your subconscious is. With enough repetition they become conscious.
- Listen meditatively – audio affirmations are great when used as a guided meditation. Listen consciously and with intent. Absorb and embody the words. Soon they become part of who you are.
- Add them to your workout playlist – workout time or running time can be personal development time. Sure, you like listening to your favorite music, but mix the affirmations in with the songs. Physical exertion is an amazing way to help the affirmation impact your consciousness.
- Listen in the morning – affirmations are an amazing way to start your day withe positive energy and vision. Listen to affirmations that inspire rather than talk radio that demotivates.
- When you need them – play your affirmations on the way to a sales call, an interview, while you work in the garden, or in the locker room before the big game. Power words right before you face a situation can power up your game!
- While you sleep – if your spouse or partner will allow you, listen to affirmations while you sleep. This is the unconscious working at its best. No conscious rejection. You’re simply letting better thoughts fill your mind.
I’ve been doing this for more than 25 years. I’ve seen these techniques work over and over again. If you need some affirmations to listen download MP3 from my growing library or listen to them on my YouTube Channel.
I’d love to hear your experiences and how this works for you!
Follow your bliss. Experience your bliss. Become your bliss.
It’s our last morning in Palm Beach. The expectations of the trip were met and exceeded. April and I had every bit the experience we wanted. I’m sure, though, you’ve had that sinking feeling on “headed home day.”
How do we go from the amazing high of expectation to crashing deflation of vacation’s end? In Buddhism, impermanence is a large part of the discussion. One of Buddha’s great insights is that we are craving beings. We want things and experiences hoping they will fulfill us. They do temporarily, but there’s always that moment when we realize the feelings are passing.
Another of his insights is that we’re clinging beings. We try to grasp harder to keep the things, experiences, and people in our lives just as they are. Yet, in an ever-flowing universe, this is not possible.
So, we become suffering beings because the things we wanted didn’t bring us permanent joy and the grasping to them only made it worse.
What’s the solution? How do we having fulfilling experiences in our lives without feeling the suffering? We can learn to appreciate the ebbing and flowing moments of our lives without grasping on to them. We can find our joy in the only thing that is permanent – Change.
There are more things to have, experiences to experience, and moments to enjoy. In fact, as long as we’re here, they never stop.
Jon Kabat-Zinn has a great quote that captures this principle. “You can’t stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
You don’t have to suffer. You just need to let go and catch the next wave.
Have an amazing Saturday!
Click on over to The Affirmation Spot for more great motivational content.
Today I am posting some affirmations for weight management and weight loss. I want you to focus and listen to me right now. No matter how many times you’ve tried and failed to get to a better weight or a healthier body image, NOW IS YOUR TIME! It’s going to take work and belief, but you can and you will reach your goals in 2019!
Do it for those you love, but most of all do it for you because, damn it, you deserve this!
You are is FAR more than a number on a scale. Reach for your health, not a number. Love yourself no matter what, but if you are working on losing some pounds, these affirmations will help.
- I live healthy! I weigh healthy! I am healthy!
- Today and everyday, I choose my long-term well being over satisfying a momentary craving.
- Who I am transcends a number on a scale! Today I focus on my health not my weight!
- Step by Step and rep by rep, I am creating the body I want!
- Today the scale is my friend. Day after day, it faithfully records success after success!
- Pound by pound, I am winning a great victory!
- My weight loss lives within me! My diet is just a tool to help me achieve my goals.
- My commitment to my goal weight is TOTAL! Today I AM achieving it.
- I love and accept myself at my current weight, even as I march pound by pound to my goal weight.
- Food is simply nourishment. Today I receive all the comfort I need to from the beautiful people in my life.
- A fit, healthy person lives within me. Today that person emerges!
- Today I am one pound closer to my weight loss goal.
- Today nothing, and I mean NOTHING, stands between me and my goal weight!
- Step by step and rep by rep, the inches melt away!
- Today I see myself at my goal weight. I see the clothes I wear and the experiences I have. I hear the compliments I receive!
- As my self-confidence rises, the number on the scale drops!
- Today I make peace with food in my life and my healthy weight follows!
- When I look in the mirror, I see the healthy person I am becoming.
- Today I am shedding pounds as I shred my self-doubt!
- Today I am absolutely aligned with my goal weight. I’ll be there before I know it!
- The only plus size in my life today is my determination to live at a healthy weight!
- My contributions to life measure my self-worth, not the scale!
- My commitment is NOT to a number on a scale! My commitment is to ME!
- Day by day, I am losing this weight and the people around me are taking notice.
- Choice by choice and step by step, I am attaining my goal weight!
- Today my life is about purpose NOT pounds! As my purpose grows, the pounds melt!
Be well. Be peaceful. Be prosperous.
Visit The Affirmation Spot website for more motivation.