Today’s affirmation focuses on choosing prosperity in your life. Have an awesome Monday!
You can go to the ocean with a teaspoon or a bucket. The ocean doesn’t care.
Reverend Ike was using the ocean as a metaphor for God or the Universe in this fantastic quote. How do you feel about being prosperous? How do you feel about having the comforts you want?
There are many people who are scandalized by the teachings of people like the late Reverend Ike or Joel Osteen. It’s unholy to want things and to openly talk about it. It’s unholy to ask God for abundance. There are a lot us, including me for many years, who believed it was somehow “unspiritual” to seek material well-being. Only it’s not.
I spent many years suffering in this mindset and there are I times I still battle it. A lot of us have spent our lives trying to bring the ocean’s bounty into our lives one teaspoonful at a time. It’s exhausting and unnecessary. Bring a bucket! Bring a tub! God or the Universe, as you prefer, is not limited. There’s no annual budget like a government. There’s plenty for everyone.
Power Hack: How do you get what you want?
- You have to be very clear what you want. Some of you will remember the days before pushbutton car radios that automatically go to the next station. As you manually tuned between stations, there was static if you weren’t right on a station. You’ve got to tune into the “station” of what you want. Otherwise, your lack of clarity will just yield static.
- Get it in your mind. Once you know what you want, firmly fix it in your mind. “Thoughts become things,” as Mike of Notes from the Universe has famously said.
- Write it down. Our minds are imperfect carriers of our goals. They can lose focus or forget. Write down your clear goal and keep it with you everywhere.
- Support it with positive thoughts and action. Positive thoughts are like fuel. If you have no rocket, you won’t reach the atmosphere. Action is like a rocket with no fuel. You’ll never get off the ground. Support your goal with empowered thoughts and inspired action.
- Get as many senses involved as possible. If your goal is tangible, take opportunities to experience what you want before you have it. Feel it, smell, taste it, see it. hear it. Scientific fact: your brain doesn’t know the difference between high sensory inputs and the real thing.
You were not made to squeak by and feel guilty for doing that. You were not made to watch others achieve their dreams, while you still struggle for yours. I’m not saying there’s not patience and hard work involved. There is. I am saying, though, you were made to flourish.
Homework: I want you to go to the dictionary right now and look up the word flourish. Once you’ve absorbed its meaning, commit yourself to creating a life for yourself and for your loved ones that could be described as flourishing.
As always, I am deeply appreciative of you taking a few minutes to read the blog. I hope you came away with something that spoke to you today. If so, please share, like, comment, and subscribe.
Abundance has a wide variety of meanings to different people. I encourage you to determine what this idea means to you and focus your efforts on achieving that. I promise you this. Whatever you may have heard, there is MORE than enough to go around and there’s plenty of your kind of abundance waiting for you to claim it.
In the mean time, here are 15 new ABUNDANCE affirmations to help you along the way.
- I AM the abundance I want to see in my life.
- I AM heir to an abundant universe. Today I claim my inheritance.
- WHATEVER I need ALWAYS comes my way.
- I AM more abundant than ever before.
- I deserve to be abundant.
- My abundant life is seeking me right now.
- I AM like gravity to money.
- I AM like gravity to health.
- I AM like gravity to happiness.
- I ALWAYS have plenty to eat.
- I ALWAYS have a warm bed at night.
- I ALWAYS have the money I need to meet my obligations.
- I ALWAYS have the money I need to enjoy life.
- There IS enough. There IS enough. There is ALWAYS enough.
- My life IS what I make of it and I choose to make it an abundant place to be.
For more great affirmations, check out these videos.
Today’s affirmation is:
“It is not the mountain I conquer, but myself. I am reaching for the top of the mountain and my day in the sun is here.” (Click to download this affirmation in MP3 audio)
I will be posting Part II of the Collective Mental Empowerment later in the week. Today I found a brief, but solid explanation of the field of positive psychology from life coach Emiliya Zhivotovskaya. It provides a brief introduction to this exciting, positively charged study of human psychology.
“This year I am absolutely committed to being the person I came to the planet to be!”
Thank you for visiting The Affirmation Spot. Your comments on the blog or this article are always welcome. What do you think? Please click here to comment on today’s blog.
My World Affirmations – our first “album” ($2 off introductory special)
My World Affirmations are 11 powerfully worded affirmations set to inspiring music. They are designed to bolster your confidence and commitment to developing the attributes for a better life. I personally listen to these affirmations nearly every morning. You cannot help but feel better about life and about the world when you are done.
For the first time, The Affirmation Spot is offering these affirmations as a single download – an “album” – at huge discount over individual downloads. Click to learn more and hear samples.
Today’s featured affirmation is:
“My awareness is expanding beyond all boundaries I have ever set for myself. My resources are limitless, my abilities are limitless, my potential is limitless.” (repeats 3 times)
“Your awareness is expanding beyond all boundaries you have ever set for yourself. Your resources are limitless, your abilities are limitless, your potential is limitless.” (repeats 3 times)
Hear an audio mp3 version of this affirmation right now.
I know something you don’t know. Come closer. It’s the secret to unlocking your life. Don’t question it. Allow it and accept it. It’s the absolute truth and you need to hear it. You need to hear it and you need to deal with it.
YOU ARE A MIRACLE.
Who you are transcends your body and the physical things around you. It transcends appearances, trends, and fads. It transcends anything you will do in your cube at work today.
YOU ARE A MIRACLE.
Who you are transcends your belief in it. It transcends self-judgments, societal judgments, and the gravity of conformity. It transcends anything you will do at home today.
YOU ARE A MIRACLE.
No matter where you’ve been, no matter what you’ve done, no matter how low life has taken you; it is still the truth. It’s the truth for you and the truth for every single person sharing this planet with you today.
WE ALL ARE MIRACLES.
Keep that in your heart and in your mind all day today. Every time life tries to disempower you say “I AM A MIRACLE.” Treat yourself and others as miracle. Soon the world around you will become a miracle too.
Be peaceful Be positive Be prosperous!