Today is another double down catch up day.
There can be no argument that most human aspirations, including yours and mine, have not failed because we were defeated , lacked skills, or lacked knowledge. The overwhelming majority of the dreams shattered in our lives died on the sword of inaction.
Your intentions were good. Your motivation was initially high. Then you allowed life to intervene. Time pressures forced you to keep setting your dream aside. You listened to the voices of the naysayers. Pretty soon your passion was gone, the moment was missed, and you piled that dream on the heap of other abandoned dreams.
THE most important part of achieving anything is to escape the gravity of the starting line. It keeps pulling you back into old habits and makes tomorrow your favorite word in the language. Soon the tomorrows become years and you find yourself living in the empty river bed of a dream that once flowed through you with the power of the spring melt.
Start! Just start. By starting, you’re ahead of at least 90 percent of other dreamers. By starting, you gain momentum that gets harder to sidetrack. By starting, you declare your intention to the universe.
Here are 15 amazing “Getting Started” quotes to get your engine going.
- Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can. -Arthur Ashe
- Don’t let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do. ~John Wooden
- The secret to getting ahead is to get started. -Mark Twain
- The wise one does at once what the fool does last. -Balthasar Gracian
- You can’t build a reputation on what you’re going to do. -Henry Ford
- You can’t plan for everything or you never get started in the first place. -Jim Butcher
- Don’t let perfectionism become an excuse for never getting started. -Marilu Henner
- Start by doing what is necessary; then do what’s possible; suddenly you’ll find yourself doing the impossible. -St. Francis of Assisi
- You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great. -Zig Ziglar
- The way to get started is to stop talking and start doing. -Walt Disney
- If you don’t like the road you’re walking, start paving another one. -Dolly Parton
- All glory comes from daring to begin. -Eugene F. Ware
- He has half the deed done who has made a beginning. -Horace
- How wonderful it is that nobody has to wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. -Anne Frank
- To be old can be glorious, if one has not unlearned how to begin. -Martin Buber
Your greatest victories await your beginning. Begin now. As the saying goes, There’s no time like the present.