Happy New Year’s Eve to everyone Europe and west. Happy New Year to those of you ringing in 2019 already!
As you enter 2019, I want you to be SUPER aware of two words that you probably say mindlessly hundreds of times a week…I AM. Other than your name, there are no other words in the English language (or any other) as powerful as I AM.
As the pitcher and catcher are “the battery” on a baseball field, I AM is the battery of affirmations. The AM is actually an equals sign. Even though we say it often, this phrase has an untold power on our consciousness. I AM is really I =.
I AM fat. I AM lazy. I AM cold. I AM happy. I AM always last in line. Each and every one of these are mindless affirmations telling pelting our subconscious with instructions on how to view the world. Perhaps more importantly, they are instructions to the Universe to help more of that show up. After all, we all like to be proven right.
When feed I AM statements to ourselves, consciously or unconsciously, we are telling ourselves and the world WHO we are. Be cautious with this phrase. Use it with intention. Empower your mind, your body, and your spirit with I AM statements that support your highest self.
Do that and I promise you 2019 will be your best year yet! Here, let me get you started on the right track. You are AMAZING. You are a ONE-IN-A-TRILLION MIRACLE. You are DESTINED TO GREAT THINGS!
Follow your bliss. Experience your bliss. Become your bliss.
For more inspiring content, visit The Affirmation Spot website or YouTube channel.
I really have little to add to this wonderful video I discovered on YouTube this evening. The message of universal compassion is one that needs to be heard and heeded in our modern world. What a great way to say it!
- Today and every day, I am the very embodiment of compassion!
- My world is what I make of it and I CHOOSE to make it a compassionate place to be!
- I am the very embodiment of love and compassion in all my interactions with others.
- Today and every day, I am a part of solving the compassion deficit in my world!
- Today I care for the Earth by caring for my fellow human beings and expanding compassion on our planet.
- I believe wholeheartedly that I am part of the solution in my life and in my world.
- The world needs my compassion! Today and every day, I make a difference!
- Compassion’s ROI is measured not on bottom lines, but from the bottom of our hearts.
- Today I honor, expand, and share the compassion that lives within me!
- Compassion is a force of nature that transforms everyone it touches.
Stay inspired! Be compassionate!
“2010 is MY year! This is the year I break free! This is the year I break through! This is the year I break out!”
Check Out Our Cool New Affirmation Apps:
Check out our new affirmation apps for Apple devices or search i-mobilize on the iTunes store. The Affirmation Spot is developing these motivation apps in partnership with i-mobilize. Click an app to view it – Love Magnet, Sales Booster, Confidence Affirmation, or Full Body Scan, and many more.
Following are some random thoughts that have occurred to me lately. Love to share these occasionally.
- Fear distorts, anger destroys, doubt limits. Love expands, prospers, and transforms. Where will you live today?
- Looked at in the right way, a loss is a win with bigger lessons.
- When there is nothing at risk there is nothing to gain.
- Freedom is a tsunami ready to permanently drown the nightmares of tyranny and dogma.
- Love is the light, freedom the path, empowerment the goal.
- Challenges in life are not a signal to quit. They are a signal that success is near. The Universe never challenges failure.
- Success never comes knocking on your door. Success comes knocking on your heart.
“This year I am absolutely committed to being the person I came here to be!”
“Today I am making the radical choice to be completely happy no matter what.”
(click the affirmation to hear it in mp3)
It appears you can catch happiness as easily as the common cold. That’s the word from newly a released study by researchers at Harvard Medical School and The University of California, San Diego; happiness is contagious. The report says that happiness spreads through social networks like a virus and that your happiness can effect people you don’t even know.
Wow! That’s a big responsibility. The study also found that sadness spreads in a similar manner, but less efficiently.
Here are several of the best articles detailing the research.
Stay inspired and spread the happiness!
“My imagination overflows with great writing ideas.”
(click the affirmation to hear it in mp3)
It occurred to me the other day that life is a little bit like a card game. We are all dealt a hand at the beginning of the game. Some are dealt powerful hands while others are dealt difficult hands. Either situation is fraught with pitfalls and full of potential.
The person dealt the strong hand may experience life as soft and easy, but never truly be challenged to live up to his or her full potential. The daily news headlines are filled with stories of people who “have it all” and yet behave in ways that are “self-destructive”.
Meanwhile, people who were dealt terrible hands at the beginning of the game achieve great things all the time.
Remember the following 10 rules to the card game of life.
- Everyone, regardless of the hand they are dealt, is playing with a full deck. I guarantee it.
- Every possible hand is in that deck for every person.
- There are many possible winning hands in the deck.
- The hand you are dealt at the beginning of the game, wonderful or awful, is just fate.
- If you spend your life worrying about the hand others were dealt and thinking it is unfair; you’ll never get anywhere.
- If you spend your life thinking you earned the good opening hand instead of working to make the most of it; you’ll never get anywhere either.
- If you start with a good hand, but play your cards foolishly you can fail.
- If you start with a poor hand, but play your cards wisely you can succeed.
- Every day is a new opportunity to reshuffle the deck.
- The game is never over until the last card is played.
“I am blessed beyond belief in my life.”
(click the affirmation to hear it in mp3)
As we celebrate the American Thanksgiving holiday tomorrow, here are 55 things to be thankful for. Some may seem counter-intuitive. However, even the negative sometimes is worthy of our thankfulness. I’ve probably left some off my list. Leave a comment today and let me know what you are thankful for.
- Sun – without it’s warmth and light we could not exist.
- Earth – the beautiful planet that sustains us.
- Water – the sauce of life.
- Life – each and every morning we wake up is a new chance to be the person we want to be.
- Shelter – something to shield us from the elements.
- Children – the happy nature and innocence of children remind us how we are meant to be.
- Food – an absolute blessing for those who struggle for it and something to be more appreciative of for those of us who never worry about our next meal.
- Faith – our faith in ourselves and in something greater than ourselves.
- Minds – the power to think, to reason, to grow, and to adapt.
- Lines – for making us slow down and enjoy where we are.
- Compassion – for getting over ourselves to consider and understand someone else.
- Hope – reminds us there is a potential upside to every situation.
- Giving – when we give we remember that nothing truly belongs to us and it frees us from our attachments.
- Receiving – the opportunity to have our needs met while allowing others to give.
- Fear – for teaching us love, strength, and humility.
- Work – whether a career, a hobby, or community work; the sense that we have something to do when we get up in the morning is something to be thankful for.
- Friendship – those people who choose to spend key parts of their lives with us.
- Family – those people we wound up with by fate, but stay with out of love.
- Anger – for teaching us the benefits of peace.
- Peace – peace within and as much peace without as we can muster.
- Sight – the ability to see the beautiful world we inhabit.
- Love – the glue that holds us together.
- Difficulty – for making us strong and giving us something to compare with the heights.
- Stars – the wonder and glory of the night sky.
- Hatred – for reminding us to love (may we need ever-less reminding)
- Surprises – the wonderful things in life that we didn’t expect.
- Visionaries – people who see the world not as it is, but as it could be.
- Change – the ever-present possibility of improving ourselves and the world.
- Purpose – the plan to achieve something in this life and the firm belief that you can.
- Wind – a source of comfort, energy, and a metaphor for change.
- Music – the soundtrack of our lives.
- Possibility – the memory that something more and different is out there.
- Today – an opportunity to make the most of what we have.
- Tomorrow – the hoped for opportunity to continue our dreams.
- Joy – the deep and intense happiness about being alive.
- Freedom – the ability to think, act, and be who you are.
- Acceptance – the ability be at peace with how things are for the moment.
- Learning – the opportunity to enhance our potential.
- Success – the opportunity to enjoy the fruits of our work.
- Adversity – for reminding us how strong we can be.
- Grass – for carpeting our planet and being a nice place to lie and look at the sky.
- Soil – a medium to grow food and plants.
- Moon – the most beautiful object in the night sky and the timepiece marking our lives through its phases.
- Innovation – for improving our experience of life.
- Dreams – the fuel that drives us through tough times and gives a reason to aim high.
- Options – the ability to choose.
- Sharing – the opportunity to pool our talents and resources.
- Flowers – they add beautiful sights and smells to our world.
- Mountains – they provide beauty, challenge, and the ability to see a long way.
- Oceans – beauty, unimaginable power, source of life and transportation.
- Competition – the opportunity to test ourselves and to improve.
- History – for teaching us the lessons we need to learn over and over until we get them.
- Future – for giving us the opportunity to try again.
- Death – for reminding us of life’s value.
- Meaning – the search for which makes our lives the journey that they are.