I’ve been writing, recording, and using affirmations for many years. I’ve found that listening to affirmations in an audio format is the most effective way for me to add them to my busy schedule and get maximum benefit from them.
Affirmations are still among the most powerful ways to shift your mindset in positive ways. Yes! Action is required, but empowered thinking is still the fuel for the action.
Here are my tips using affirmations.
- Listen passively – have you ever had that experience where you didn’t think you were listening to the words of a song or a commercial and you suddenly know them? That’s how listening passively to audio affirmations works. You listen while you’re living your life. You may not think you’re listening, but your subconscious is. With enough repetition they become conscious.
- Listen meditatively – audio affirmations are great when used as a guided meditation. Listen consciously and with intent. Absorb and embody the words. Soon they become part of who you are.
- Add them to your workout playlist – workout time or running time can be personal development time. Sure, you like listening to your favorite music, but mix the affirmations in with the songs. Physical exertion is an amazing way to help the affirmation impact your consciousness.
- Listen in the morning – affirmations are an amazing way to start your day withe positive energy and vision. Listen to affirmations that inspire rather than talk radio that demotivates.
- When you need them – play your affirmations on the way to a sales call, an interview, while you work in the garden, or in the locker room before the big game. Power words right before you face a situation can power up your game!
- While you sleep – if your spouse or partner will allow you, listen to affirmations while you sleep. This is the unconscious working at its best. No conscious rejection. You’re simply letting better thoughts fill your mind.
I’ve been doing this for more than 25 years. I’ve seen these techniques work over and over again. If you need some affirmations to listen download MP3 from my growing library or listen to them on my YouTube Channel.
I’d love to hear your experiences and how this works for you!
Follow your bliss. Experience your bliss. Become your bliss.
“Today I make a bold statement. The world deserves the real me and today it gets me.”
Let’s face it. You live in a multi-tasking rich world. You juggle multiple projects at work or school. You have to get the kids to soccer practice and dance practice on Tuesdays and Thursdays and Tae Kwon Do on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Or is it the other way around? You care for your aging parents. You take the dog for a walk. You try to be a part of your community.
Somewhere in the middle of all of that you try to find time to better yourself and understand the meaning of this crazy world.
I understand. I live that life too. That is why I started The Affirmation Spot. I’ve written, recorded, and used audio affirmations for more than 15 years. The reason I preferred audio affirmations over saying them or reading them is because I could listen to them wherever and whenever I wanted. With the advent of digital media that is more true than ever.
Over the years, I’ve found that passive listening is very effective. You’ve had the experience of hearing a song or a commercial many times – without paying conscious attention – and suddenly one day you’re singing the song or saying the words to the commercial. That’s the result of passive listening. You have unconsciously learned it through repetition. That’s why advertisers run the same commercial on a radio station 20 times a day. That’s why they play Top 40 songs over and over. It’s to unconsciously put them into your head. Passive listening is powerful!
You can use your affirmations the same way. Put your headphones on and listen while you work or play them in the car on the way to Tae Kwon Do. You don’t have to really be listening to get the benefit. Your mind is absorbing them. Sometimes it’s even better than conscious listening because you’re not really questioning as much.
Pretty soon you’ll find yourself saying the positive words to an affirmation when a negative situation arises because, like the song, you have unconsciously absorbed it. Unlike the song, though, it brings real benefit to your life.
Be positive Be peaceful Be prosperous!
Ray Davis is the founder of The Affirmation Spot, co-founder of 6 Sense Media, and author of Anunnaki Awakening. For tons more motivational content, please visit the TAS website and YouTube channel.