Running a small business is often you taking on the world one-in-one. It’s long hours, often running on nothing but adrenaline and a dream. These affirmations will help.
- I am an amazing business person.
- Day by day, I am building the foundation of long-term business success!
- A successful business person lives within me and today that person is running my business!
- Today and every day, my business generates an ever-growing revenue stream!
- I trust my talents! I trust my instincts! I grow my business with determination and integrity.
- I am flawlessly executing my business plan and I am succeeding brilliantly!
- Today my business has more satisfied customers than ever before!
- My business is on a roll! This is my breakthrough year!
- I am a thought leader in my industry.
- Today I am building a business that will one day allow me to walk the beaches of the world!
- My business succeeds as much as my mind allows. Today I am open and ready for BIG success!
- I am in the right business at the right time with the right message!
To your growing and continued success!
You’ve heard the old saying, “You can’t teach an old dog new tricks.” What if you’re the old dog? As slip into the back end of my 50s, I’ll admit it. Despite my reasonably cheery outlook on life and youthful impulses, I sometimes feel like that old dog.
We live in a world moving faster, so far as we know, than any other period of human history. Whereas 20 years used to constitute old, today 20 hours often does. Technology is changing by the moment. We drink information through a firehose without the ability to critically analyze it. In short, there’s always a new trick for us old dogs.
How do we cope?
We must commit ourselves to becoming one with the change. We must commit ourselves to learning new lessons, drawing new conclusions, and releasing cherished paradigms that simply don’t work anymore. All things we old dogs are loathe to do.
I’m not suggesting you relinquish timeless principles. In fact, we need to add a few more of those back into the mix. There’s been some throwing the baby out with the bathwater there.
I am suggesting that you need to adjust to doing old things in new ways. You need to be willing test new ideas, seek new approaches, and always be growing and getting better.
It would nice, for us old dogs, to think that the world is going to slow down and go back to how it used to be when we were young, comfortable, and uniquely confident. The truth is, barring an asteroid, this is the new reality, old dog. If you want to stay in the game, you’ve got to be willing to learn new tricks.
Just in case no one else has reminded you today, you ARE amazing!
In our age of instant and continuous news, we are all immediately made aware of horrific events and tragedies in our world. As we sit and watch these events, often live, on TV and the Internet, we know there are struggles for survival, acts of heroism, and the anguish of loss all happening and all within a single camera frame. We find ourselves, very humanly, asking a resounding WHY?
Why do things like this happen? Why do so many innocent people have to be harmed and die? We all have our suppositions and beliefs, but no real answers to questions like that. In an absence of answers, we are compelled to act – to help in anyway we can. Our most authentic humanity comes out and we all pitch in to do whatever we can – physically help the recovery, send money and supplies, send prayers and well wishes.
In these moments of stunning tragedy our humanity shows up big. We recognize, if only for the briefest of moments, that we humans are all traveling in the same “boat”. We are all subject to death. We are all subject to loss. We are all susceptible to the totally unexpected.
We have an innate sense that we can either lose ourselves in sadness over that fact or we can grasp each moment with zest and a determination to make the most of this precious life – a gift beyond all gifts.
For those closest to these events, the repercussions of these events resonate for years to come. For the rest of us, we typically move on with the change of the news cycle in a few days or become again distracted by things happening in our own world.
Here is what I wish for us all. May the surge of humanity we feel in these moments carry over beyond them. May it carry over into our daily lives. Why must we wait for tragedy to feel it? We lose it in our political, religious, economic, and ethnic differences. We forget it until a tragedy again shakes us awake.
Let normal days be filled with our humanity. Let us remember our humanity and that of our adversary in every encounter we have out in the marketplace of ideas.
The average water well is 100 to 500 feet deep. As you walk around on the earth’s surface, you can’t see the well water. You could dig 100 thirty-foot holes and not reach one drop of water.
This might frustrate you because digging 100 such holes without return is a lot of work for nothing.
Are you digging shallow wells in your life? Are you spreading yourself so thin that you can’t give any one “well” the time and effort required to get your “well water?”
Whatever your goals, ample time and effort spent on one or a few goals is like digging the well until you hit water. Having too many goals or responsibilities leaves your life pock marked with half dug wells. You might be frustrated because you’re putting in a ton of effort and not getting results.
- Try to limit yourself to one to three big goals at a time. How many depends on the goals and how much time you have to devote to them.
- Always be reassessing your goals to make sure you’re working on what’s most important. It’s OK to abandon half-dug wells to make room for more important priorities.
- When you commit to a goal, dig it all the way until you hit the “well water.”
If the goal’s worth achieving, it’s worth going all the way.
I AM the engine of MY dreams! MY dreams NEVER give up on me and I NEVER give up on MY dreams!
The results are in! For thousands of years, the wisest of the wise among us have been telling us, “It’s all about the mind, stupid.” It makes sense. The mind, via the brain, is the part of our being that interacts with and makes sense of our environment.
Modern science has demonstrated that the Universe around us, despite its physical appearance to our senses, is really just energy. Our mind/brain structure is tuned into that energy and literally creates the individual and collective realities that we experience within that field of energy.
However, the mind is not just a passive receiver of frequencies. It also has the ability to transmit, when trained properly, frequencies that can manifest objects of its desire.
We’ve all heard quotes like these.
- “The Universe is Change; our life is what our thoughts make of it.”
~ Marcus Aurelius
- “Wealth is the capacity of man’s mind to think.”
~ Ayn Rand
- “We become what we think about most of the time.”
~ Earl Nightingale
- “Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve.”
~ Napoleon Hill
- “We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.”
- “A man is a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes.”
~ Mohondas Gandhi
- “For as a man thinks within himself, so is he.”
~ Proverbs 23:7
These are just a few of the most famous quotes. You could literally fill a book with quotes from humanity’s best and wisest people sending this very same message to you. But, are you listening?
Do you still believe that life is something that happens “out there” and “to you” rather than “in here” and “by you”? Do you still believe that your thinking is out of your control? There’s nothing you can do about it? Thoughts just pop into your head?
Affirmations are a workhorse tool when it comes to changing and choosing the thoughts you want to think in your life. It is more complex than just saying the words over and over, but there are many resources on this blog and elsewhere to help you with the finer points.
You CAN change and master your thinking. That is the first thing you must believe.
I have been writing and recording audio affirmations for more than 20 years. First, I used them to improve my own thinking and my own life. Then I shared with them others. Now I have created a website called The Affirmation Spot where I make the power of audio affirmations available to you.
How does it work? Just like you learn the lyrics to a song with repeated listening. You’ve had that experience of suddenly knowing the lyrics to a song when you didn’t even know you’d been listening. Audio affirmations provide the same benefit. Soon the positive affirmations are appearing in your mind to replace the negative programming that was there.
I’d like to invite you to The Affirmation Spot today. You can download any single affirmation on the site for free to try or you can jump right and download the ones that make sense for you in your life right now.
You will find short affirmation singles, extended affirmations and meditations, and ebooks. I home record all the audio to keep the prices down and affordable for everyone.
You can always contact me directly and I am happy to help you get the most of your affirmations. I’ve been writing, recording, and using audio affirmations for more than 20 years. So, I’ve encountered and found solutions to the things you may face, as you begin using affirmations. I’m here to help.
Follow your bliss! Achieve your bliss! Become your bliss!
Valentine’s Day is fast approaching. It’s a day when we celebrate the concept of romantic love. For those of you fortunate enough to have that special someone in your life, congratulations. Enjoy and cherish that opportunity to spend your life with someone who means the world to you. What an amazing gift to find that best friend, partner, and lover for life.
For those still searching, take heart. Use this Valentine’s Day to celebrate your love for yourself. It’s a lot better than spending the day unhappy and depressed. When was the last time you did something really nice for yourself? Do it Sunday!
I spent a lot of Valentine’s Days wishing I could find that special person to make that special connection. It was when I began affirming and consciously attracting that person rather than wishing that things changed for me.
I was 34 years old when I met April. There is nothing in this world like finding that right someone to spend your life with. Whatever your situation, affirm where you are now and affirm where you want your current relationship or a perspective relationship to be.
When you do amazing things begin to happen. Your someone is out there too!
So, this Valentine’s Day, whether you’re in love or in looking, here are some affirmations to celebrate, attract, and appreciate love into your life.
- I am a great wife/girlfriend. I’ve mastered the art of when to give my husband/boyfriend love and support and when to give him his space.
- I am a great husband/boyfriend. I always remember to do the little things that makes my wife’s /girlfriend’s life happy.
- It’s not perfection, but connection I seek in my relationship and today I find it!
- Today and every day, love is the foundation of my relationship and joy is the result!
- I am perfectly attuned to my soulmate. We are two beings working together towards common goals.
- Today and every day, my world is a better place because [insert name] is a part of my life!
- My relationship is rooted in the fertile soil of love. Stormy moments only push the roots deeper.
- My relationship is becoming more loving and more open each and every day.
- My soul mate and I are two parts of one whole. Nothing can keep us apart!
- Today I remember there is more to my relationship than always getting what I want!
- I care about and contribute to my partner’s happiness, but I am not responsible for it.
- My [significant other] and I are a team. We are defining and achieving our dreams together.
- Today I am committed to my relationship. I want it to work and it is!
- Day in and day out, my relationship embraces me with feelings of connection and love.
- I am enjoying a relationship that brings the love and understanding I deserve in my life.
- Today and every day, my relationship thrives on love and acceptance.
- Today I nourish my most important relationship so that it can flourish far into the future.
- My relationship is what I make of it and I CHOOSE to create a relationship that nourishes my spirit!
- I deserve a great guy/girl in my life! He/she is coming my way right now!
- I am attracting a relationship that brings the love and understanding I deserve in my life.
- Opportunities for love are abundant in my life!
- Today I know that Mr./Ms. Right is coming my way now. I can just feel it!
- Today and every day, I am meeting interesting (guys/women) with soulmate potential!
- I am whole and complete with a relationship or without!
- My soulmate and I are on an unavoidable collision course. Today we are one step closer to finding each other.
- Today I am attracting only the most incredible men/women into my life!
- There is someone out there for me and today I am closer tha ever to finding him/her!
- The woman/man of my dreams is walking into my life right now!
- I attract only the relationships I deserve. Today I get the best because I deserve the best!
- Every relationship risks heartbreak, but there is a relationship out there for me that is worth every risk!
- Today I am making room in my life for the special relationship I seek. That relationship is coming to me now.
- The distance is a plus in my relationship right now. It forces communication and communication builds trust.
- Today and every day the distance between us is bridged by love.
- Miles can separate our bodies, but I refuse to let them separate our hearts!
- Today and every day, I send my heart to you at the velocity of love!
- I experience this wave of pain today, but I deserve the best in my relationship and I will have it!
- Often I grieve for my loss, but today I am healed by the memory of our love.
- Today I am strong enough to face all my tomorrows because of all my yesterdays with you!
- True love never dies and today I am warmly embraced by our endless love.
Healing a Relationship
- My relationship is a cornerstone in my life. Today I seek solutions not blame!
- Our relationship is built on forgiveness. Today forgiveness is creating a new day for our relationship!
- I willingly give respect in my relationship and I demand the same in return!
- I am trusted to the degree I trust. Today we are building a relationship fueled by the trust I give!
- I willingly give respect in my relationship and I demand the same in return!
- As I become a stronger person, I become a better partner!
- I lovingly stand my ground in my relationship and demand the respect I deserve!
- Today I am rebuilding my relationship. I am absolutely committed to making it stronger than ever before.
- I am 100% committed to saving my relationship. Today I communicate it unequivocally on every level!
- I am a strong, independent person who is absolutely committed to making my relationship work.
- Today my relationship is built on the desire to be understood rather than the need to be right.
- I AM beautiful! I AM worthy! I AM me and proud of it!
- My beauty flows from inside to out. As I recognize my inner beauty, my outer beauty blossoms.
- To see the beauty I want to see in the world, I must first see it in me. Today I see it clearly!
- I unconditionally love and respect myself in every way.
- Those who told me I was unworthy were wrong. I AM worthy! I’m more sure of it today than ever before!
- I am the best thing that has ever happened to me. I am glad to be who I am!
- As I feel more attractive, I AM more attractive. Today I am very attractive!
- Being who I am is a blessing and a rush. There’s no one else I’d rather be!
- I am a unique and worthy person. I require no more justification than that to be exactly who I am.
- I am beautiful in mind, beautiful in body, beautiful in spirit.
Stay committed to love in all things!