This affirmation reminds you that while diet is important, the real key to your weight loss lives within you. You have the power to make different, better choices. Today you are!
The affirmation is repeated 12 times each in the first and second person for maximum impact.
- First-person affirmation: My weight loss is within me. My diet is only a tool to get me to my goal.
- Second person affirmation: Your weight loss is within you. Your diet is only a tool to get you to your goal. You can download this affirmation and add it to your playlist here.
Download this affirmation and add it to your playlist here.
Today I am posting some affirmations for weight management and weight loss. Always remember that who you are is FAR more than a number on a scale. Reach for your health, not a number. Love yourself no matter what, but if you are working on losing some pounds, these affirmations will help.
Be well. Be peaceful. Be prosperous.
- I live healthy! I weigh healthy! I am healthy!
- Today and everyday, I choose my long-term well being over satisfying a momentary craving.
- Who I am transcends a number on a scale! Today I focus on my health not my weight!
- Today the scale is my friend. Day after day, it faithfully records success after success!
- Pound by pound, I am winning a great victory!
- My weight loss lives within me! My diet is just a tool to help me achieve my goals.
- My commitment to my goal weight is TOTAL! Today I AM achieving it.
- I love and accept myself at my current weight, even as I march pound by pound to my goal weight.
- Food is simply nourishment. Today I receive all the comfort I need to from the beautiful people in my life.
- A fit, healthy person lives within me. Today that person emerges!
- Today I am one pound closer to my weight loss goal.
- Today nothing, and I mean NOTHING, stands between me and my goal weight!
- Rep by rep and step by step, the inches melt away!
- Today I see myself at my goal weight. I see the clothes I wear and the experiences I have. I hear the compliments I receive!
- As my self-confidence rises, the number on the scale drops!
- Today I make peace with food in my life and my healthy weight follows!
- When I look in the mirror, I see the healthy person I am becoming.
- Today I am shedding pounds as I shred my self-doubt!
- Today I am absolutely aligned with my goal weight. I’ll be there before I know it!
- The only plus size in my life today is my determination to live at a healthy weight!
- My contributions to life measure my self-worth, not the scale!
- My commitment is NOT to a number on a scale! My commitment is to ME!
- Day by day, I am losing this weight and the people around me are taking notice.
- Choice by choice and step by step, I am attaining my goal weight!
- Today my life is about purpose NOT pounds! As my purpose grows, the pounds melt!
Visit The Affirmation Spot.
First Person and Second Person Affirmations
Today I am sharing 25 miscellaneous affirmations. Each follows the first person, second person formula. I’ve written before on the importance of using first and second person affirmations.
Many affirmation gurus suggest that all affirmations be written in the first person. First person affirmations are the most effective when reading, writing, or saying affirmations. Most people do not feel comfortable looking into a mirror and using “you” affirmations.However, audio affirmations open up a whole new realm. Listening is more passive than speaking or reading and you are used to hearing people speak to you in the second person.
My 20 years of experience with audio affirmations demonstrates that second-person affirmations are highly effective as audio affirmations. They offer “outside” confirmation of the first-person version of the affirmation.
For example, following “I am beautiful” with “You are beautiful” provides subconscious external confirmation of the first-person claim.
Commitment – keep in mind that the key to using affirmations – audio, written, or spoken – is commitment to your goal. Without a commitment to making the change or reaching your goal, affirmations are just words.
Repetition – repetition is the engine of affirmation success. For an affirmation to do its job in transforming your thoughts, it has to get at least equal time with the negative thoughts you want to replace.
How much/how often – speak, write, or listen to the first person affirmation 5-10 times and then repeat the second person affirmation the same number of times. Do this at least twice each day. Stay with the affirmation(s) for at least 30 days. Use them again if the old thoughts return.
How to use first person affirmations – “Own” the first-person version. Speak or listen as if you are speaking passionately to yourself.
How to use second person affirmations – “Actively accept” the second person version. Speak or listen as if someone you respect is confirming your affirmation back to you.
How to know you’re getting results – there are several criteria for recognizing an affirmation’s success.
The old thought, behavior, or performance disappears or lessens.
Your mood, thinking, behavior, or performance change in a positive direction.
The old thought, behavior, or performance appears and your thinking immediately answers with the affirmation. This is really exciting. Your old thought is “I am stupid.” You think this thought and immediately it is answered by your affirmation, “I am highly intelligent.”
25 New Affirmations
Here are 25 affirmations that will appear on the website in the near future. I tried to cover a number of topics.
Even in adversity, I shine bright as the full moon on a cloudless night. Even in adversity, you shine bright as the full moon on a cloudless night.
I unconditionally love and accept myself in every way. You unconditionally love and accept yourself in every way.
Today I am making peace with food. Today you are making peace with food.
I give myself the freedom to speak and act honestly in every situation. You give yourself the freedom to speak and act honestly in every situation.
I have all the skills, talent, intelligence, and creativity I need to achieve anything. You have all the skills, talent, intelligence, and creativity you need to achieve anything.
Step by step, I am releasing all fear and all anxiety from my life. Step by step, you are releasing all fear and all anxiety from your life.
My life is coming together in a complete and perfect way. Your life is coming together in a complete and perfect way.
Whatever I need always comes my way. Whatever you need always comes your way.
Today I am building a life filled with possibilities more important to me than my fears. Today you are building a life filled with possibilities more important to you than your fears.
Wealth and abundance are flowing to me right now. Wealth and abundance are flowing to you right now.
When I’m on my tennis game, I’m practically unbeatable. When you’re on your tennis game, you’re practically unbeatable.
Today I am sharing my talents with a world thirsty for what I have to offer. Today you are sharing your talents with a world thirsty for what you have to offer.
Today I am molding my business into an unqualified success. Today you are molding your business into an unqualified success.
My heart beats strong and healthy. My lungs are clear and strong. Your heart beats strong and healthy. Your lungs are clear and strong.
I have complete freedom to create my own life and I do so brilliantly each and every day. You have complete freedom to creat your own life and you do so brilliantly each and every day.
Today I am laying it all on the line for the possibility of something more. Today you are laying it all on the line for the possibility of something more.
I am a world-class musician. You are a world-class musician.
I am a great parent and I get better and better each and every day. You are a great parent and you get better and better each and every day.
I am patient in my life. I am accepting in my life. I am patient and accepting in my life. You are patient in your life. You are accepting in your life. You are patient and accepting in your life.
Good things are happening for me. My life is moving in a positive direction. Good things are happening for you. Your life is moving in a positive direction.
I am confident; much more confident than ever before. You are confident; much more confident than ever before.
I am self-reliant. I control my destiny. You are self-reliant. You control your destiny.
I am taking bold action to improve those things I want to change in my life. You are taking bold action to improve those things you want to change in your life.
I have a right to my feelings and beliefs and I allow others the same right. You have a right to your feelings and beliefs and you allow others the same right.
I am a model of peace and tranquility. I remain, in all circumstances, calm, cool, confident, and collected. You are a model of peace and tranquiltiy. You remain, in all circumstances, calm, cool, confident, and collected.
Follow your bliss! Achieve your bliss! Become your bliss!
Visit The Affirmation Spot Now
Ray Davis is the Founder of The Affirmation Spot and focuses on empowering minds to think positively, achieve goals, and live dreams. He is author of the ebook The Power to Be You. and the forthcoming The Power to Be You 2.
Thanks for sharing this page with a friend!
Social Bookmarking Service