To Boldly Go…
Star Trek has been a mainstay in world culture for two generations. For many, the show represents humanity’s best possible future. For others, it has inspired them to change the present.
Here are 15 wonderful quotes of Star Trek wisdom.
- “Sometimes a feeling is all we humans have to go on.” – Captain James T. Kirk
- “There is a way out of every box, a solution to every puzzle; it’s just a matter of finding it. Things are only impossible, until they’re not.” – Captain Jean-Luc Picard
- “Without followers, evil cannot spread.” – Mr. Spock
- “Insults are effective only where emotion is present.” – Mr. Spock
- Well… perhaps what we most needed was a kick in our complacency – to prepare us for what lies ahead. – Captain Jean-Luc Picard
- “There’s an old saying, ‘Fortune favors the bold.’ Well, I guess we’re about to find out. ~Captain Benjamin Sisko
- “Insufficient facts always invite danger.” – Mr. Spock
- “It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life.” – Captain Jean-Luc Picard
- “No being is so important that he can usurp the rights of another.” – Captain Jean-Luc Picard
- “Laws change depending on who is making them, but justice is justice.” – Odo
- “That’s the thing about faith — if you don’t have it you can’t understand it, and if you do … no explanation is necessary.” – Major Kira
- “How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life.” – Captain James T. Kirk
- “It is the unknown that defines our existence. We are constantly searching not just for answers, but for new questions. We are explorers.” ~Captain Benjamin Sisko
- “After a time, you may find that “having” is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as “wanting.” It is not logical, but it is often true.” -Mr. Spock
- “We are what we are, and we’re doing the best we can. It is not for you to set the standards by which we should be judged!” – Captain Jean-Luc Picard
- “Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived.” – Captain Jean-Luc Picard
- “It is a good day to die, Duras, and the day is not yet over.” – Worf
Follow your bliss. Experience your bliss. Become your bliss.