Happy New Year, my friends! Simple choices make BIG differences.
We finally have 2020 off the books, but a new year dawns with new challenges and new opportunities.
The great Persian Poet Rumi once wrote:
“When you go to a garden, do you look at thorns or flowers? Spend more time with the roses and jasmine.”
The garden can be a metaphor for our lives, the coming year, or many other things. The quote asks you to reflect and then decide where you will spend the valuable energy of your focus.
Every situation, every day, every year, every life has its flowers and its thorns. The sum total of who we become and how we rise or fall depends on whether we habitually pick flowers or thorns as our focus.
I can promise you two things on this New Year’s Day. 2021 will have thorns and they will rule your life, if your focus is on them. 2021 will be filled with flowers and you can and will flourish, if you focus on them.
Sometimes we make life too complicated. Simples choices make big differences.
Just in case no one else has reminded you today, you are awesome!
Please visit the TAS Apparel store to see our latest designs.
Motivational and inspirational quotes have been a mainstay in my personal development regimen for a long time. I love the challenge of generating original quotes and affirmations and sharing them with others.
However, I never grow tired of finding new quotes to inspire my thinking and encourage positive action in my life. Here are 10 quotes from others that have inspired me over the years. May they inspire you today as well!
Website | YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | PayPal
10 Game-changing Quotes
- “Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors where there were only walls.” ~ Joseph Campbell
- “You can’t stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.” ~ Jon Kabat-Zinn
- “We are called to be architects of the future, not its victims.” ~ Buckminster Fuller
- “We see the world, not as it is, but as we are.” ~ Anais Nin
- “Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.” ~ Napoleon Hill
- “When you go into a garden, do you look at thorns or flowers? Spend more time with roses and jasmine .” ~ Rumi
- “Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better man.” ~Ben Franklin
- “Not all of us can do great things, but we can do small things with great love.” ~Mother Teresa
- “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” ~Albert Einstein
- “We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, handsome, talented and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?” ~Marianne Williamson