Today’s affirmation focuses on you and I becoming the center for peace spreading through our lives and through our world today.
“My life is full of wonderful experiences and wonderful people.”
(Click the affirmation to hear the mp3 version)
Today I am sharing a quote about attitude attributed to Charles R. Swindoll. I really cannot add much to it. So, I won’t. May it positively charge your day.
“The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts.
It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think, say, or do.
It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill. It will make or break a company…a church…a home.
The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change the past. We cannot change that people act a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable.
The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is attitude.
I am convinced that life is 10 % what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with all of us.
WE ARE IN CHARGE OF OUR ATTITUDES.”
“This year I am absolutely committed to being the person I came here to be.”
“My imagination overflows with great writing ideas.”
(click the affirmation to hear it in mp3)
It occurred to me the other day that life is a little bit like a card game. We are all dealt a hand at the beginning of the game. Some are dealt powerful hands while others are dealt difficult hands. Either situation is fraught with pitfalls and full of potential.
The person dealt the strong hand may experience life as soft and easy, but never truly be challenged to live up to his or her full potential. The daily news headlines are filled with stories of people who “have it all” and yet behave in ways that are “self-destructive”.
Meanwhile, people who were dealt terrible hands at the beginning of the game achieve great things all the time.
Remember the following 10 rules to the card game of life.
- Everyone, regardless of the hand they are dealt, is playing with a full deck. I guarantee it.
- Every possible hand is in that deck for every person.
- There are many possible winning hands in the deck.
- The hand you are dealt at the beginning of the game, wonderful or awful, is just fate.
- If you spend your life worrying about the hand others were dealt and thinking it is unfair; you’ll never get anywhere.
- If you spend your life thinking you earned the good opening hand instead of working to make the most of it; you’ll never get anywhere either.
- If you start with a good hand, but play your cards foolishly you can fail.
- If you start with a poor hand, but play your cards wisely you can succeed.
- Every day is a new opportunity to reshuffle the deck.
- The game is never over until the last card is played.