Thank you. There’s no better two words to start every day. We should keep what we’re grateful for close. It reminds us what we have. It reminds us what and who we’re fighting for. It reminds us to be humble.
When you think about it, how can you expect more from God or the universe or your society, if you’re not grateful for what you have?
Try starting each day by writing down a few things you have to be grateful for. They can be standard things that you continually appreciate or things unique to today. Start your day with a thank you and your whole seems a little better.
Here’s my list for this morning.
- I’m grateful for another 24 hours to be a better person than I was yesterday. Thank you!
- I’m grateful for a warm house on a cold, snowy morning. Thank you.
- I’m grateful for my family. Their support along this life’s journey gives me a foundation. Thank you.
- I’m grateful for the freedom to speak my mind freely. Thank you.
- I’m grateful for this yucky cold that arrived yesterday because it reminds me to be grateful for healthy days and access to healthcare when I need it. Thank you.
- I’m grateful for easy access to food and clean water. Thank you.
- I’m grateful for the courage to fight for a world where everyone has their basic needs met. Thank you.
- I’m grateful for access to information and for the freedom to process it as I choose. Thank you.
- I’m grateful for all the kind people and positive experiences that are on their way to me today. Thank you.
Never roam far from things to be grateful for. They warm the soul, they feed the mind, and they inspire a better you.
Just in case no one else reminds you today, you ARE AWESOME!