Today I’m sharing a brand new recording of I AM affirmations. These affirmations are an assortment of affirmations with empowering words following I AM. The goal is to help you embody these words in your being.
Bookmark and listen to this recording for two to three weeks to allow the affirmations to infuse your consciousness.
You are every one of these affirmations already. Time to own them!
Thanks for watching and for your support!
Are you the hardest worker you know? Excellent! Are you always the one who makes sure everyone else’s needs are met? It’s a worthy aspiration. Do you have enough You Time?
Most of us were taught that putting ourselves first is selfish and something we should never do. I guess the message was that there’s something unholy about considering our needs and making sure they get met. Could that be why so many people feel so incomplete in our society?
Have you been on a plane and been exposed to the safety briefing? You probably only half listened as you picked your movie, read the in-flight magazine, or tried to find a comfortable sleeping position.
Have you ever noticed the instructions when they get to that part about the cabin losing pressure and the oxygen masks dropping from the ceiling? Secure your oxygen mask first before you helping others. It seems like common sense, right? I mean if you can’t breathe, you can really help someone else can you?
Yet because of that life-long conditioning about always putting other people first, you go through life pretending you can proverbially breathe while you’re helping everyone else secure their proverbial oxygen masks first. Meanwhile, your goals and dreams and well-being are set aside. Soon they’re starved of oxygen.
I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with putting other people first or being selfless sometimes. I am saying that you need to secure your mask first because you won’t be able to help others for long unless you do.
Feed yourself and you will have more energy to help others. Starve yourself and you will poison your ability to help others.
You’re all amazing! Let’s make this the best week of your year!
You’ve probably heard someone say, “There are no dumb questions,” when trying to get a class or a group of people to open up. Because of the situations where you’ve heard it (maybe a situation where you didn’t have a question), you might have allowed this important piece of advice to slide right by you.
Questioning is at the heart of a growing mind and an expanding soul. Yet, many in our culture fear looking weak if they admit they don’t have all the answers. Questioning is like opening the door and exposing your ignorance.
Some pretty smart people disagree.
- Confucius said it like this, “The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute; the man who does not ask is a fool for life.”
- Einstein added, “The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.”
- Socrates went a step further by saying, “The only true wisdom is knowing that you know nothing.”
Power hack: So, never fear asking questions. Those who don’t ask won’t know. Every question answered adds to your store knowledge. There’s no embarrassment in admitting you don’t know, asking for help, or seeking new truths.
Go through life like a great journalist. Always asking the hard questions of life, of others, and of yourself. You’ll be better for it, smarter for it, and way ahead of those people sitting in silence afraid to ask.
Thanks for spending another few minutes on the blog. You ARE awesome! If you enjoy what you read here, please tell a couple of friends.
Speak your truth unapologetically!
Thought for the Day:
Affirmations without action are just glorified wishful thinking. Affirmations are “mental armor” supporting empowered action, not a substitute for it.
Over the past several years, I’ve written many articles about affirmations -how affirmations work, types of affirmations, ways to use affirmations, etc., etc., etc. Some of those articles are linked to in this article.
However, I’ve never just written an article on how to write an effective affirmation. Today I had a request from a follower on Twitter to provide a “how to” and decided it was a good time to write that article. Let me begin by saying that there are many gurus out there with many ideas on how to correctly write affirmations. There are also some dogmas around the process. I’m not big on dogmas of any kind. So some of this might be unorthodox. Feel free to use what resonates for you.
Before we begin, let me make a few quick points. Affirmations are a tool to reshape and refocus your thoughts. By themselves, they don’t “make” anything happen. However, as you replace negative thoughts with negative vibrations with positive thoughts and positive vibrations, you do begin to attract better things into your life. Affirmations without action are just wishful thinking. The idea is that as you raise the vibration of your thoughts, you become more inspired to take action to manifest those thoughts as reality in the world. See the thought of the day at the top of the article.
I recommend reading my two part series on Affirmations: Repetition and Belief along with using this list to create your affirmations. Following is 7-step process for creating your own affirmations. This is my way. It has worked for me over the past 20 years. Others might have another way that works for them.
- Start with a goal – you must have a goal in mind. The clearer the goal, the better the affirmation and the better chance for success. A cloudy goal leads to an unclear affirmation, and poor results.
- Affirm what you can believe – affirmations are not a tool for persuading you to believe something you don’t believe. They are a tool to help you create and multiply thoughts that support the action necessary to achieve the things you believe you can achieve. However, you can use what I call “aspirational affirmations” to help manifest a distant goal. You just need to be able to believe you can achieve that goal one day. (Read more Incremental Affirmations and Unrealistic Affirmations)
- Use clear language – the language of your affirmation should be clear and powerful for you. It’s OK to use phrases and terms that are very personal to you as long as the language resonates and feels empowering when you say it. Be as specific as possible.
- Present Tense – in most cases, it is more effective to use the present tense when writing, speaking, or listening to affirmations. In other words, state your affirmation as “I am…” rather than “I will..” or “I should”. The lone exception would be those discussed in the Incremental Affirmations article.
- First, second, and third person – most affirmation gurus will tell you to always put your affirmations in the first person, such as I am a magnificent dancer, rather than the second person you are a magnificent dancer. I agree that first person is the best if you are only going to choose one. Why stop with first person, though? An affirmation can be very powerful in the second person and using your name. I recommend using all three. I am a great writer. You are a great writer. Ray is a great writer. This holographic language creates a more powerful and holistic affirmation. (Read more Adding the Power of You to Your Affirmations)
- Use them, use them, use them – once you have written an empowering affirmation, use it. Like so many other motivational tools, affirmations are created and then cast aside after a day or two. Read them aloud, read them into the mirror, post them places where you can see them throughout your day, record them and listen to them passively (Listening Passively to Affirmations) or actively over and over until they infuse your mind. The goal for an affirmation is to have it replace the negative or disempowering thoughts and become thoroughly embedded in your thought process so that it becomes the automatic response (How Do You Know Your Affirmations are Working?) to your negative thoughts.
- Take action – affirmations without action is just wishful thinking. You must think and then act, if you are to achieve.
Follow your bliss! Experience your bliss! Become your bliss!
Ray Davis is the Founder of The Affirmation Spot and focuses on empowering minds to think positively, achieve goals, and live dreams.He’s spent the past 21 years in sales and sales training for major companies.
He is the author of the Anunnaki Awakening series (2015). Book 1 – Revelation – is now available in paperback and on Kindle.
“And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
~ Anais Nin
- I am a work in progress, but WHAT a work I am!
- My way forward is paved with the strength of an open heart and the power of an open mind.
- Today what serves me stays and what fails me goes!
- Roadblocks are simply shortcuts to something better than I had planned!
- Today and every day, I do at least one thing that stretches me!
- Struggle is my bootcamp preparing for bigger and better things!
- I refuse settle for where I am, when I know I have better within me!
- Today I live with a purpose and my purpose lights my path!
- Today I am the acorn courageously engaged in the process of becoming the oak!
- Today I am entering new and exciting realms in my life!
- I may not live forever, but today I strive for better!
- I thrive on every opportunity to become more than I have ever been before!
- Today I release old habits and blaze new trails!
- Day by day and thought by thought, I am creating my ideal life!
- Today I release older lesser versions of myself and grow into my greatness!
- My limits yesterday are my starting point today!
- I struggle, but I grow. I fall, but I get up. Even amid adversity, I succeed and I prosper.
- Today I am liberating myself from the shadows of my past. A bright new day dawns for me!
- Playing it safe keeps me safe from every dream I have. Today I risk for my reward!
- Each and every day I reach deeper levels of self-realization.
- By releasing what is, I open the door for something better!
- Today I am attracting the people, places, and things that are perfect for my growth!
- Today I make the most of who I am and what I have to become who I can be!
- The obstacles on my path are there to build my strength and understanding. Today I’m strong and I understand!
- Today I am taking one step beyond where I have gone before! In no time at all, I’ll be far down the road.
- This week I am breaking new ground in my life and it feels great!
- Every weakness I think I have is an angel whispering, “grow, grow.”
- The summit of every success is the foot stool for my next success!
- My consciousness always expands to embrace the opportunities and challenges in my life
- My life is filled with one positive experience after another. I make use of every experience in my growth.
- Today I am planting the seeds of growth in my life. I am absolutely committed to watering them every day.
- Each and ever day I learn new lessons, expand my awareness, and develop my abilities.
- I create my own life everyday and I work hard to create a life full of growth and expansion.
- Today I exchange my need to always be right for my need to always be growing.
- There is the life that I live and the life that I want. Today I am taking action to bring them into alignment!
- Even as i stretch and strive to be who I can be, I am happy with who I am now!
- Today and every day, I am on a heroic journey from where I am to where I am destined to be!
- Today old paradigms are falling as I find new and better ways to live!
- Every challenge calls on me to be a better, stronger person and today I AM!
- What matters is who I AM not who I’ve been!
- Today I am working consciously toward a greater opening of my heart and my mind.
- Today I am aligned with energies that heal my past and grow my future.
- Today I am building bridges from the world that is to the world I CHOOSE!
- Bring the rain. I’m eager to grow! Bring the sunshine. I’m ready to bloom!
- I thrive on every opportunity to become more than I have ever been before!
- The past is a blessing because it is my teacher. The future is a blessing because it is my opportunity.
- Today I am the person I came to the planet to be!
- Everything that happens in my life perfectly prepares me to fulfill my purpose!
- I give myself completely to my purpose and my purpose gives me completely to success and happiness.
Follow your bliss. Experience your bliss. Become your bliss.
Ray Davis is the founder of The Affirmation Spot, co-founder of 6 Sense Media, and author of Anunnaki Awakening. To find tons more motivational content, please visit the TAS website and YouTube channel.
This was my personal annual affirmation back in 2008. After sharing it with a few people back then, I was encouraged that it would benefit other people.
I came across it again last night and decided it was time to share it again. May it add positive energy to your day, your year, and your life!
THE Self-Empowerment Affirmation
“Who I am is not for sale at any price! I am brilliant and beautiful and a best friend to everyone who knows me. I am peaceful and happy and more successful than ever before. I am relaxed and confident and trading in my old fears on new hopes.” This is a wonderful time in your life; a time of breakthrough, options, and opportunities for new paths to follow. Be excited and ready for the challenges and the triumphs that lie ahead. “No, my self-worth, my happiness, my freedom, my unbounded optimism about what is ahead is not for sale at any price!”
Follow your bliss. Experience your bliss. Become your bliss.
Ray Davis is the founder of The Affirmation Spot. He’s spent more than 25 years studying personal development and especially writing, recording, and using affirmations to achieve his goals. His eBook – The Power to Be You – offers 416 life-changing and original quotes, ideas, and affirmations to take you to new levels of achievement and reflection.
Anunnaki Awakening: Revelation, Ray’s first novel, is turning heads and opening minds. Humanity’s past is checkered, secret, and dangerous.
White House Correspondent Maria Love is on to the story of her life and with the help of an Anunnaki leader seeks to unravel and reveal history’s biggest conspiracy. The Awakening has begun!
Is it fact or is it fiction? You decide!
Check Out Our Cool New Affirmation Apps:
Click here to check out our new affirmation apps for Apple devices or search i-mobilize on the iTunes store. The Affirmation Spot is developing these apps in partnership with i-mobilize.
They say you never know what you’ve got until it’s gone. Maybe it’s just human nature to walk through our daily lives and take what we have for granted. It takes an act of conscious awareness to open our eyes to the people, situations, and miracles that populate our environment each and every day.
I’ve always loved this Kathy Mattea song. She strikes the chord of remembrance for all of us with “Standing Knee Deep in a River (Dying of Thirst). That’s what we’re doing when we fail to recognize what we have while we have it. Our lives can seem unhappy and unfulfilled when we already have everything and everyone we need in our lives to turn it all around.
Enjoy this beautiful song!
“This year I am absolutely committed to being the person I came here to be!”