Hey, my friends. I’ve been out of action due to our move and a lack of internet or time at the same time. We made it back to Kansas and now we’re waiting for stuff to arrive next week.
I’d actually recorded a video for Day 178, but it doesn’t make sense to post it now. It was challenging let go of 177 days of perfect blogging on Friday. I really wanted to push through to Day 365 without a break.
I spent part of the day Saturday feeling like I’d failed; failed me and failed all of you. Nonsense! What fails us is the belief that we can or should be perfect. The time we waste beating ourselves up for not being perfect is time that could be spent picking ourselves up and renewing our efforts towards our goals.
In short, perfection is a distraction that prevents us from success and even greatness. If you’re not perfect, join the club. I’m not either. Let’s stop holding ourselves to that standard. When we do, our greatness will emerge.
Good to be back! Wishing all of you a GREAT and perfectly imperfect Wednesday!
Website | YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Support Us
Good afternoon, my friends!
Hope you’re having an AWESOME Sunday! I LOVE coining phrases and sharing passing reflections on ideas. When Twitter came along, it was the perfect tool for both sharing them and archiving them.
I’ve always been a critic of perfectionism. My feeling is that it gets in the way of developing qualities and achieving results that really matter. It gets people stuck because, oddly enough, you never satisfy your perfectionistic tendencies. Meanwhile, life whizzes by.
The only perfection I do believe in this the BIG picture which is comprised of a trillion trillion little imperfections – the ones that make all of us who we are. The ones that create the true perfection which is that cosmic picture that includes all the Yin and Yang of our lives.
Here are 12 tweets I’ve posted over the years on perfection. I hope you’ll find wisdom and inspiration in them!
- Perfection is negative self-talk disguised as something positive. It’s a greedy master demanding more energy than the results yields.
- Whatever perfection we experience in life is found from letting go rather than grasping tight.
- What feels like pain in the moment is often recognized as perfection the rearview mirror.
- We stress over details, when we forget the perfection of the big picture.
- Excellence over perfection. Greatness over fame.
- Perfection! Just as the rose knows when to bloom and the cloud knows when to rain, you know when it’s your moment to shine.
- Nothing is more overrated than perfection. Be great instead.
- Perfection is just a distraction. Make progress on your goal.
- There is perfection in the chaos. Do you see it? A wave rushing to shore looks like chaos, but every drop winds up exactly where it should be and so do you.
- Perfection is often nothing more than the senseless delaying of excellence.
- Imperfection is the only road to perfection.
- There is not one wasted person. EVERYONE – including you – is absolutely essential to the unfolding of the Universe’s perfection.
If you’re enjoying these posts, you can find more motivational content on the TAS website and YouTube channel.