In the infinity of time and space, the coming of another orbit of the earth around our Star is barely noticeable. Yet, for human beings these passages are deeply meaningful. They help us separate our lives into meaningful chunks.
The coming of a new year is a time we all reflect, set new goals, and make promises about the person we’re goi g to be during the next 365 days.
What promises, goals, and resolutions have you written down or made mental note of today and how will you track your progress? Here’s an easy measure applicable to anyone participating in social media. Remodel your inner self to be the person you project yourself to be on social media.
- Care as much about other people as you do on social media.
- Care as much about the earth as you do on social media.
- Spread humor and laugh heartily as you do on social media.
- Be your best self each day like you are on social media.
- Work for the changes you want to see in the world as much as you post about them on social media.
- Live the good life you project on social media.
- Be as good of a entrepreneur as you portray yourself as on social media.
- Live up to your spiritual values to an extent that matches what you say on social media.
- Care about political reform as passionately as you speak of it on social media.
For those who use these platforms, you’ve already created this idyllic version of your life that you’re supposedly living. To get better in 2020, simply start aligning your reality with that projection. It’s not fake if you make it real.
Just in case no one else has reminded you today, you’re awesome!
Website | YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Support Us on PayPal
Get Your You Time!
Good morning, my friends!
It’s Day 5 of 2019 and if you’ve been following these blogs, you are well on your way to being a better you in 2019. Today is the first weekend day of the new year and you’ve earned some R & R.
There are many ways we can better care for ourselves in 2019. I’m sure we’ll get to them as we move through this journey. One of the best is to schedule some “You Time.”
Most of us give away tons of our time all week long to jobs, friends, families and they’re all important for their own reasons. The thing many of us forget to do is take time to stop, reflect, and do something nice just for ourselves and just because.
So today, at some point, I want you to take some and treat yourself to something you truly enjoy. Take a few minutes to reflect on this first week of the New Year and get your bearings for what’s ahead.
It’s trite, but true. You’re no good to anyone else unless you take care of yourself.
Have a fantastic day! I’d love to hear what you did for YOU today in the comments below.
If you’re looking for more motivational content, I hope you’ll check out my website and my YouTube channel.
I hope you got STARTED on a new goal yesterday. If not, start now! Today’s task is to create a TO BE List. Everyone has a TO DO List. A TO BE List helps you decide WHO you want to be at the end of 2019.
I’ve been doing this activity since 2008. I think you’ll find your To-Be list a very powerful tool. This became quite a thing about 2010 and now, if you Google it, you’ll find this idea everywhere.
You are a human being not a human doing. All the dos in the world won’t make you the person you want to be unless you have clear targets for it.
Here are some instructions I put together to help you.
To-Be List Instructions
Please leave your list below in the comments. I can’t wait to hear you will be one year from now!
For more inspiring content, visit The Affirmation Spot website or YouTube channel.
Happy New Year, my friends!
It’s New Year’s Day. Time for new starts and a new you. No, not a you fashioned by popular trends or society’s expectations. The you – yes THAT you – you’ve wanted to be for years.
BUT, it’s not a day to make distant promises. It’s a day to get started. You know that thing you’ve wanted to do since 20…? Make some time today to take positive steps towards it. NOW!
January 2 may seem like a better day to start than January 1. After all, today’s a holiday. Great people achieve great things while everyone else is watching football or the Food Network. There’s nothing wrong with enjoying those things. Just know that if you do what everyone else does, you’re going to get what everyone else gets.
If you want more, you may find yourself working around edges beyond what others do.
Henry David Thoreau promised, “If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
You’ve got this! We’ll check back in on your progress.
I believe in your dreams. Meet me halfway and believe in them too.
For more inspiring content, visit The Affirmation Spot website or YouTube channel.
Now that the December holidays and holy days are behind us, it’s a moment to pause, take a breath, and begin considering where we go next in our adventure. Every new year is rife with possibility and potential for amazing things. The real question is will you take the steps necessary to tap into that and make it count for your journey?
April and I are spending the holidays in Palm Beach this year. Yes, we’ve been getting plenty of recharging beach and ocean time – there’s something about that energy that just revives your spirit, isn’t there?
We’ve also been mapping out our ambitious goals for 2019. I have a second book to complete in the Anunnaki Awakening series, a goal of taking The Affirmation Spot to the next level, and helping my partner, Dennis, build our 6 Sense Media platform. All of this while still working the full-time day job. April is focused her crafting, especially her new passion Chalk Couture.
Like you, our life is crazy busy day-to-day and it’s easy to get knocked off track. That’s why our word for 2019 is INTENTIONAL. We want to place a special emphasis on being INTENTIONAL about how we:
- Interact with others.
- Care for ourselves and those close to us.
- Serve those who support our work.
- The energy we allow into our daily life.
- The thoughts we think because they make all the difference.
I don’t know what your goals are for 2019 (I’d love you to share them below), but I’d encourage you to join us and become extra INTENTIONAL in 2019. If we stay focused, do a little each day, and stay true ourselves and our paths, we will look back at the dawn of 2020 and be astonished at what we have achieved.
Here’s to each of us making that “Dent in the Universe” this year!
Ray Davis is the founder of The Affirmation Spot, an author, and paradigm challenger with the goal of bettering himself, helping others better themselves, and bettering the world.
It’s hard to believe the new year is here. It’s also hard to believe this is the third New Year’s Eve since I began this blog two and half years ago.
For those of you who have been following along for a while, you know that the past two years I have posted an official affirmation for the coming year. In 2009, I also used the affirmation as a close to each post.
Today I am unveiling my official affirmation for 2010. I hope you will find it useful and meaningful and something you can affirm throughout the coming year.
Here are the previous two annual affirmations.
“Who I am is not for sale at any price! I am brilliant and beautiful and a best friend to everyone who knows me. I am peaceful and happy and more successful than ever before. I am relaxed and confident and trading in my old fears on new hopes.
2008 is going to be a wonderful year for me; a year of breakthrough, options, and opportunities for new paths to follow. I am excited and ready for the challenges and the triumphs that lie ahead.
No, my self-worth, my happiness, my freedom, my unbounded optimism about what is ahead is not for sale at any price!”
“This year I am absolutely committed to being the person I came here to be!”
“2010 is my year! This is the year I break free. This is the year I break through! This is the year I break out!”
Breaking it down:
- This is the year I break free – May this be the year you break free from the status quo and the inertia from your past that has been holding you back.
- This is the year I break through – May this be the year that you push forward through the obstacles and the excuses towards the life you dream of living.
- This is the year I break out – Once you’ve broken free and broken through, may 2010 be the year when everything breaks loose for you. We all had a wonderful example of this in 2009. Susan Boyle – the 48 year old Scottish singer – went from obscurity to international stardom practically overnight because she put herself out there and gave herself a chance.
I know 2010 can be a big year for all of us – individually and globally. Make it the year that you “break” with the past and step into your future!
Website | YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Support Us
Check Out our growing catalog of meditative and active audio affirmation apps for your mobile device.
Check out our affirmation apps for Apple devices or search i-mobilize on the iTunes store. The Affirmation Spot is developing these motivation apps in partnership with i-mobilize. Click an app to view it – Love Magnet, Business Success, Make A Difference Affirmation, or Full Body Scan, Rising Star Cardio Affirmation, and many more.
Can you believe it? We’re winding down the last few days of 2009 and along with it closing the first decade of the 21st Century!
What does this new year and this new decade hold in store for you? Who knows? I do know this, though. The thoughts you think and more importantly the thoughts you continue to affirm and grow will have a huge impact on this year and the next ten.
Here are a few New Year’s affirmations to get you started. What’s your affirmation for 2010? Leave a comment and share!
- Forget Resolutions! In 2010, I’m having a thought revolution!
- In 2010, I have a budget and I’m sticking to it!
- In 2010, I CHOOSE a love centered world over a a fear centered world!
- 2010 is MY year! My possibilities multiply, my successes magnify, and my potential is realized!
- As I turn my face to 2010, a brilliant new Sun dawns in my life!
- More than ever before I truly am who I came here to be in 2010!
- An amazing light lives within me! My light grows brighter and brighter throughout 2010!
- 2010 brings the perfect people and the perfect opportunities into my life!
- My personal recession ends in 2010! My career/business is zooming to new heights!
- My immune system is healthy, strong, and protecting me in 2010!
- In 2010, I am flawlessly executing my business plan!
Remember affirmations succeed through repetition and belief! You must give your positive new thoughts equal time with the negative old thoughts you want to replace.