Whether you view Jesus of Nazareth as your personal savior, a great teacher, or an interesting historical figure; there’s little doubt he left behind powerful words that provide a template for the better world we’re all seeking in this moment.
Here are 10 things Jesus said, without qualification or fine print, that we can all use as a basis creating better selves and a better world.
- Love your neighbor as you love yourself.
- Let he among you who is without sin cast the first stone. (Social media would go silent. LOL)
- So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
- But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.
- Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. (Matthew) (Alternatively from Mark – Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
- So, in everything, do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
- Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
- Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.
- Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.
We see in these sayings words about peace, affirmation, bettering ourselves, and caring about each other.
Jesus spoke many other important and, for many, sacred words. Yet if we took these 10 items alone and built our character upon them and the world’s character upon them; how much better would that world be?
In case no one else has reminded you today, you ARE AWESOME!