Today’s affirmation focuses on you and I becoming the center for peace spreading through our lives and through our world today.
It’s often been noted that human beings have an amazing ability to come together in a crisis. Our compassion is elevated. We remember how miraculous and fragile our existence is. We express gratitude for what we have and a willingness to share it with others. It’s an amazing thing to observe.
Here’s the question. Why does there have to be a crisis for us to elevate ourselves and each other to that level? If it’s within us in moments of crisis, it’s there all the time.
That said, if you require a crisis to bring those noble qualities out in you, I have a crisis for you. We have created a crisis of personal, national, and global proportions. We’ve forgotten, if we ever truly knew, how to be civil to each other. We’ve forgotten how to work together. We’ve forgotten how to love one another as we love ourselves.
Power Hack: Here’s the good news. When you really think about it, this problem isn’t hard to solve. We don’t have to agree on everything to shift this vibration. We only have to agree on a few easy to agree upon premises that we pledge live by. Try these on for size.
- Allow every human being the space to breathe in and breathe out freely.
- Make today better than yesterday.
- Allow every human being access to the benefits of the abundant society we have strived for centuries to achieve.
- Ensure tomorrow is better than today for our children and grandchildren.
That easy, you might question? Yes. These premises are the simple WHAT that any person of good will can agree upon. Together we can and we must work on the HOWs.
We simply need to begin thinking, acting, and interacting in ways that promote building something rather than burning it all down. Every one of us can and does have a platform to the world today, with the tools at our disposal, to change the vibe in the world.
How are you using yours? Are you building or burning down? Are you contributing to meeting the four common sense objectives above or are you busy trying to score points and win arguments?
We will measure the results in terms of peace rather than war, universal abundance rather the mass disparity, and every human being striving to become the highest version of himself or herself.
If we can’t come together in a compact to achieve these four objectives, then what difference will all the political points or winning arguments make?
The world you and I live in is our creation. We create and recreate it every day. Sure there are negative players. Sure there are disagreements on the HOWs. We don’t need everybody to come along to make it work. We only need a critical mass committed to birthing that world.
Don’t be surprised when I tell you that critical mass begins right here with you and I.
Stay the course! You are making a difference!
There’s enlightenment in other views.
Few skills are as unappreciated in our world as the ability to see all sides in a discussion. In business, politics, religion, and life we have a huge bias toward the happy simplicity of dogma. Dogma becomes “culture” and culture becomes the groupthink that perpetuates it.
I’m not sure if it’s the accident of my birth as a Libra or the accumulated realization of my life experiences that grants me this annoying penchant for seeing the grain of truth and good in most ideas, as well as their flaws.
The gravity of dogma in institutions at every level from relationships to families to companies to countries to the world is a palpable block to wisdom and progress.
It presupposes that “WE” have correctly deciphered the obscure truths of the universe in their purest distillation and everyone else has it completely wrong. Just a moment’s reflection on the insanity of that stance tells you why we have conflict, war, and dehumanization at the behest of our must-be-completely-right spiritual, economic, and political ideologies.
This is foolishness, but it’s the dominant state of human consciousness today. If you’re immersed in whatever flow your culture dictates, you might never notice this tension. It’s simple and clear. We’re right and they’re wrong. Our company is nobly-intentioned and our competitors are eager to take advantage of you. Our vision of what an economy must look like is correct and theirs is a threat. Our vision of God is good and right and theirs is evil and wrong.
For someone like me, who sees the value in different ideas, it’s easier to see the tension, the missed opportunities, and the anti-wisdom of these unquestioned moral imperatives.
Aristotle stated, “It’s the mark of an educated mind to entertain an idea without accepting it.” In our world today, many refuse to even consider ideas for fear of contamination, as if ideas are viruses.
Power Hack: So what am I asking you to do? Challenge the consensus, the groupthink, the conventional wisdom where you encounter it. Ask WHY.
Your reward may be to be regarded as out there, rebellious, or dangerous. However, in those moments when your willingness to think differently and with balance succeeds, you’ll move the ball forward for your family, your company, your country, or humanity. You may not receive the credit you deserve as your contribution is absorbed into the consensus as if it had always been a part of the dogma.
Your recourse is to go back and do it again on another topic. “A leader,” Lao Tzu counseled, “is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves.”
It’s the thankless, selfless work of the heroic sage to hold the mirror up to the culture and help it discover the Enlightenment of Balance.
If that’s a journey you’re willing to pursue, you WILL make your dent in this universe.
Do you believe in humanity’s potential?
I’m surprised at the dim view so many people have of our human race. Even many people who pursue a spiritual or personal development path look at the world and shake their heads.
It’s always seemed like a contradiction to me to believe that you can better yourself through techniques, practices, and ideas, but not see that the same is possible and necessary for the species as a whole.
Life experience and the news have skewed many of us to believe we are a hopeless, maybe sinful, maybe unenlightened lot without hope of change. I believe that mindset has sunk in so deeply for so many that they have given up on trying to better the world. They pursue their path for themselves and leave the world to itself.
To me, this negative view of humanity is the result of garbage in, garbage out. We have been fed garbage thinking about ourselves for so long that we don’t know how to see humanity any other way. What if we fueled our minds with better visions?
I want you to imagine for a moment a world where 7 billion people had their basic needs met and were allowed to fly after their dreams. What if everyone had the time, the opportunity, and encouragement to do what you’re doing for yourself?
As powerful as your own transformation is, wouldn’t it be amazing to live a world where everyone had that vibe, that energy, and that intention?
Many of our political and religious philosophies claim this not possible. By their reckoning, we are forever doomed to be 7 billion fragments of a whole pursuing only what gratifies us in this moment and creating conflict when what we want crosses what someone else wants.
I wonder. I’ve always believed this is a game of critical mass. It is the critical mass of our collective thinking, actions, and beliefs that have in EVERY SINGLE way created the world we have.
- What if we simply chose better thinking, actions, and beliefs?
- What if we stopped believing that peace is impossible and acted as though it is inevitable?
- What if we started acting as if there’s plenty for everyone (which there is) instead of hoarding ours like a wolf at the pack’s kill?
- What if we looked across race, gender, religion, and every other difference and saw ourselves rather than THE other?
- What if we invested our energy as a species in building the future together rather than tearing apart our present?
“Ray, Ray, Ray. That all sounds nice. It’s a beautiful but naive Utopia. What a magnificent and impossible vision. ‘They’ would never go for it.”
Would you? This isn’t really about any proverbial “them” that would never agree to live that way. It begins with us – you and me.
Are we willing to go to the mat for that kind of a world rather than staying stuck in the trap of self-identification and difference? Are we willing to stop scapegoating others and make the changes we need to make to see that through?
If you believe, as I assume you do if you’re reading this blog, that what you think can transform your life; then why can’t what WE think transform our world?
There is no law or decree that says we must live in chaos, conflict, and suffering. We can choose different thoughts, different actions, and different results.
It all starts with you and me! Fear and habit are all that stand in our way.
Have an awesome day! I love all of you!
One of the great misunderstandings of our moment is that so many people equate being against everything with being for something. Nothing could be further from the truth. Don’t get me wrong, there’s plenty of treachery, violence, and manipulation to be against in this world.
We all have our fist-shaking moments, as we watch events unfold in this world to the detriment of the truth, justice, and true human freedom. It’s not enough, though.
Charting a brand new course for human destiny will require more than anger and the lazy thinking that says everything is a lie. It requires inspired, innovative thinking at level beyond what has gone before. It requires us to truly use the full potential of our minds Ir demands that we see a bigger picture until that picture grows too small and then to invent a still bigger picture.
The for-against push and pull is part of the system that keeps us trapped and mired our history to this point and it’s precisely what make us malleable to manipulation by events, the news, the government, and the forces who wish humankind ill.
Shake your fist, but don’t forget to work your mind and move your hands and feet toward a bigger future. Creative visions you can say YES to.
Keep seeking, my friends!
Ray Davis is the author of Anunnaki Awakening: Revelation – order your signed copy today at AATrilogy.com – founder of The Affirmation Spot and an advocate for the potential of the human race. He’s life-long history buff and holds a B.S. in History Education. He’s always been fascinated by alternative views of history.
Anunnaki Awakening: Revelation is turning heads and opening minds. Humanity’s past is checkered, secret, and dangerous.
White House Correspondent Maria Love is on to the story of her life and with the help of an Anunnaki leaders seeks to unravel and reveal history’s biggest conspiracy. The Awakening has begun!
“BE the change you want to see in the world.”
~ Mahatma Gandhi
“I can’t change the world. I’m just one person. What can I do?” We think thoughts like this and we articulate and hear others articulate versions of this statement all the time. Yet, history is replete with examples of a single person or a small group people completely transforming the landscape.
The cultural anthropologist Margaret Mead once wrote, “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” Mahatma Gandhi, an example of one man who transformed everything, gave us the famous reminder at the top of this article that we must BE the change.
Now, not everyone is going to be a Gandhi or someone who changes the world. Some of us are destined to do no more than change a moment, change our minds, elevate our thinking to see beyond old paradigms. Yet, by doing that we are transforming far more than we imagine.
This I know. There is a complete spectrum of ways you can contribute. You may be on a mission to feed the hungry or eliminate injustice or you may change everything by being completely present with the people you’re with and sharing a smile or some eye contact just to say I see YOU and I know how unique and significant you are.
Today’s affirmations and original quotes are for those committed to BEING the change and making a difference- whether it be to change the world, change a moment, or change a mind.
- I believe in the future of humanity. I believe our species’ most prosperous, peaceful, and enlightened times are ahead. I am living my life in a way that turns that belief into reality.
- My world is what I make of it and today I make it a _______ place to be!
- Today and every day, I do at least one thing to leave the world better than I found it.
- Today I lend my hands and pledge my heart to the work of creating a better world.
- A smile shared does the work of a hundred kind words. Always be the one to share it.
- Today humanity’s highest potential shines brightly through my thoughts, words, and actions!
- A smile can open doors that a word could never budge.
- Today I AM the change I want to see in my world!
- Whenever and wherever I encounter darkness, I consciously spread light.
- I/We created my/our status quo and I only I/we can change it.
- Today I am a force for good in my world in every way I affect it!
- Everything enters the realm of possibility when you release the power of the status quo. Break its chains! Escape its gravity!
- Whenever and wherever sadness reigns, I share joy!
Polarization benefits only those who want to maintain status quo. It’s an adversary to people looking for a way forward.
- I came here to serve and today I do! Today I AM the difference maker my world needs!
- Each and every day I am a light in my world.
- Peace comes to my world one person at a time, beginning with me!
- I absolutely believe that I can make a difference and today I DO!
- I believe wholeheartedly that I am part of the solution in my life and in my world.
- All growth takes place in the realms of opportunity, possibility, and potential. The status quo is a teacher, not a change agent.
- If being controversial shakes up the status quo, then I will shake, shake away!
- I am an empowered human being ready to make a difference in my world today!
- The status quo is nothing more than a persistently reinforced myth.
- The world needs my contribution! Today and every day, I make a difference!
- Today I make a difference by looking each person in the eye and letting them know I see their humanity.
- Today I play my part in sweeping away the old world and ushering a new!
- Today and every day, the world is a better place because I am consciously here!
- One heart raised, raises the whole world.
- Tolerance only for those who think like you and look like you, is no tolerance at all.
- I am committed to giving selflessly of myself for the betterment of humanity and happiness of others. Today I do!
- Today I depolarize my environment in every way I touch it. I am a source for understanding.
- I am committed to eliminating hunger in the world. My actions today are having a powerful impact.
- I am committed to eliminating poverty in the world. My actions today are having a powerful impact.
- A just peace is an achievable goal for humanity. Today I play my part in making it a reality!
- I am committed to eliminating injustice in the world. My actions today are having a powerful impact.
- As hope grows in my life, I consciously plant it in the lives of others!
- Wherever tyranny chains hearts, I am the loudest voice for freedom!
- Empowered thinkers know that humanity’s best days are coming, but some changes must come first.
- Even when the struggle is large, my contribution positively impacts the outcome!
- I am committed to my work! I know I am making a difference in the lives of people!
- I am absolutely determined to be part of the solution rather than part of the problem!
- I make the world a better place in every way I touch it today.
- Where ever hatred is the chief crop, I sow seeds of peace.
- Today I am the epicenter for a peace pandemic in my world.
- Today I touch my own humanity by sharing it with others!
- In struggle for humanity’s progress and Earth’s well being, I’m pulling for both!
- When we forget our neighbors’ humanity any evil becomes possible. When we remember it a better world is born.
- One smile can shift a moment. One kind word can shift a day. One
empowered thought can shift a life.
Follow your bliss. Experience your bliss. Become your bliss.
Ray Davis is the founder of The Affirmation Spot. He’s been studying and practicing personal development for 30 years. He’s also studied many of the world’s spiritual traditions and mythologies.
Find more TAS motivational content.