In my 30-year personal development journey, there have been no higher hurdles than those situations where I had to forgive and forget.
Our egos resist forgiveness and our popular culture mirrors that. The prevailing ideology is that you should get even or get people back.
Forgiveness is often seen as weak or enabling the bad actors. In those rare moment where forgiveness is allowed, we are counseled that we can cautiously forgive, but we must never forget.
Wow! Is there a more relevant example of our lizard brain reacting to the saber-tooth tiger in the weeds?
Forgiveness is not only hard. It’s also necessary if you are to release the burdens of your past and embrace your future. Ignore your ego and the conventional wisdom. Do the challenging work of forgiving others and especially yourself.
These affirmations, listened to regularly, will help infuse your mind with a mindset that not only accepts the power of forgiveness, but puts it into practice regularly.
Wherever you are on your journey today, remember you’re a one-in-a-trillion miracle.
Love my work? Never miss a video from my YouTube channel. Click here to subscribe.
- I forgive myself today. I forgive myself tomorrow. I forgive myself always.
- I have no stake in who was right or wrong. I forgive and I move on.
- I forgive myself.
- I forgive my family.
- I forgive my friends.
- I forgive my enemies.
- As I forgive others, I am forgiven.
- As forgiveness grows in my life, my anger melts away.
- I forgive and I am happy.
- I forgive and I am empowered.
- I forgive and I am transformed.
- The grudges I hold only hold me back.
- The forgiveness I give propels me forward.
- I am completely forgiven and forgiving in my life.
- I forgive first. I forgive last. I forgive always.
- Breathing in, I feel my anger. Breathing out I let it go. Whatever I release frees me.
- Today I choose forgiveness over anger.
- Today I choose forgiveness over hatred.
- Today I choose forgiveness over self-destruction.
- Today I forgive and forget.
- As I forgive, I release my happiness from the chains that have bound it.
- I forgive and I am cleansed. I forget and I am released.
- I forgive what I can. I forget what I must. I live a life that embraces happiness.
- My time is short. The universe is large. I refuse to waste my opportunity with anger and victimhood.
- I choose forgiveness. I experience forgiveness. I become forgiveness.