Affirmations are a powerful tool for putting your mind on your side. However, if they’re used without passion, purpose, or repetition, they can just become powerless, meaningless words.
In fact, done right, they are powerful oaths to yourself and the universe that clearly set your intention, put energy behind your actions, and put the power of belief to work for you.
Here are six tips to make sure your affirmations stay sharp and empowering.
- Use words that have meaning and power to you.
- Always use the present tense when creating affirmations.
- Focus on three to five affirmation topics at a time. More affirmations are fine when you’re listening to them and they supportive same goals.
- Affirmations are working when your affirmations come into your mind as an answer to the limiting thoughts you’re trying to replace.
- Use affirmations you’re bought into. Try incremental and aspirational affirmations as appropriate to your belief level.
- Change affirmations if they become stale or stop resonating with you.
Follow these simple guidelines and affirmations can become a workhorse in your personal development, recovery, or big dreams.
Wherever you are on your journey today, remember you are awesome!