Anger fuels a moment, but it cannot fuel a life. Anger a lot like battery acid. Battery acid can power a car, but it also eventually corrodes everything it contacts.
Everyone, everyone, is entitled to their moments of justified anger. In fact, it’s rather destructive not to let yourself feel those feelings when they’re appropriate.
However, don’t kid yourself. You’re playing with fire in your life if you let anger become you. We live in a universe where like becomes like. A mind and a heart constantly filled with anger soon becomes anger and that corrosion of a life, of a nation, of a world sets in.
At some point, the anger must be converted into a productive energy that can bring real change. A world shifted only by anger simply becomes a new kind of angry world. It cannot help but become it.
If we want justice, we must embody justice. If we want freedom, we must embody freedom. If we want a better life or a better world, we must embody those too.
May peace prevail. May love prevail. May justice prevail. May compassion and empathy prevail.
Just in case no one else has reminded you today, you are AWESOME!
Here are some affirmations to help us embody the world we want.
- I AM love in every way I affect the world today.
- I AM peace in every way I affect the world today.
- I AM justice in every way I affect the world today.
- I AM compassion in every way I affect the world today.
- I AM joy in every way I affect the world today.
- I AM the change I want to see in my world today.