You may remember earlier in our journey we discussed how there are no dumb questions. Today I want to expand on that and encourage you to ask bigger and better questions.
If we want bigger answers in our lives, for our species, and for the planet, we must ask BIGGER questions. If we want better answers, we must ask better questions.
Lives and civilizations thrive or fail based on the size and the quality of the questions they ask. If you want to profoundly shift your life, you’ve got to be willing to put everything on the table in your evaluation of it. The questions you asked or never asked, that created your current life are not big enough or smart enough to create the next better version of you,
“OK. Makes sense,” you might say, “but how do I ask bigger, better questions?”
- Go deeper – to ask the questions that really matter and can really change things, you have to understand who you are and what you want at a fundamental level.
- Be authentic- once you understand who you are and what you want, be authentic. Don’t run away from it no matter how scary or paradigm-shattering it may seem.
- Getting from here to there – just like you look at a map before getting in your car to drive someplace new, you have to map what getting from who you are to who you want to be looks like.
- Formulate your questions – who or what do you need to challenge or change? What ideas and paradigms have to shift? Ask more WHY and WHAT IF questions. These questions get to what matters and challenge paradigms.
By doing this, you’ll find that the questions you ask as you move through life each day will shift from:
- What do I want to eat?
- What do I want to watch on TV?
- Where do I want to go on vacation this year?
- What do people think of me?
- Does this job still fulfill me? If not, what career would serve me better at this point in my life?
- Why do I want to be a screenwriter and how can I make that happen?
- What would my life look like if I chose to be authentically me instead who I was pushed to be?
- What if money and time were not an object? Who would I be then?
- Why am I just getting by instead of living my dreams?
- How can I make the biggest difference?
- How could we have a next-level relationship?
- What if war isn’t inevitable and peace impossible?
The bigger and better your questions, the bigger and better the universe’s answers. Unasked questions rarely receive answers. The very act of asking opens doors, gets your mind working on the how, and inspires your why to make it happen.
Just in case no one else reminds you today, you are AWESOME!