Oscar Wilde was a 19th century social commentator known for his sharp wit and keen insights. He rivals Will Rogers in the number of approachable pieces of wisdom.
Among my favorite Wilde quotes is, “Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.”
BAM! Please, please, please don’t spend your life trying to please others. You’re not made of rubber. Don’t twist yourself into unnatural shapes trying to fit in. Never spend days, hours, or a lifetime wishing you were someone else – taller, smarter, richer, or better looking.
You’re a once-in-a-universe miracle. I think that makes you pretty damn special and worth being yourself.
Here are some original quotes and affirmations I’ve coined over the years to help inspire you to simply be you.
- It costs nothing to believe in yourself and everything not to.
- Be yourself! You bring unique gifts and perspectives to the table necessary for the very functioning of the Universe.
- Fame? Anyone can become famous. Now, greatness – there is an aspiration!
- Your greatness is revealed not by the lights that shine upon you, but by the light that shines within you.
- In a world that works so hard to churn out conformity, the courage to be yourself is revolutionary.
- See your greatness and help those around you to see theirs too.
- Let your greatness not your doubts have the last word.
- Lean into your greatness today.
- Right here, right now, I make a stand for who I am.
- I may not be perfect, but I am always awesome.
- Today I am absolutely committed to being the person I came to this planet to be!
Shine on, my friends, shine on!