Peace – from the personal to the global – is a much in demand quality of life. A more peaceful you is a better you. A more peaceful world is a better world.
Despite that, our popular culture dismisses peace as pie-in-the-sky naïveté. “Peace Nik,” they’ll call you derisively. They’ll trot out Neville Chamberlain as an example of peace’s inherent weakness and failure, while never giving a fair accounting of the costs and failures of war.
If I can encourage you to be a rebel on one thing, let it be peace. 10,000 years of inner and outer conflict has not served humanity. Maybe, as great John Lennon sang, it’s time to “Give Peace a chance.”
These affirmations, used regularly, help you promote peace starting with you.
- I am the embodiment of peace in all I think, say, and do.
- I pray for peace. I work for peace. I achieve peace.
- I am the epicenter of a peace pandemic in my world.
- Peace comes to my world one person at a time beginning with me.
- My world is what I make of it and I choose to make it a peaceful place to be.
- My mind is peaceful. My body is peaceful. My spirit is peaceful.
- I am infused with inner peace, vitality, and joy.
- Today I am relaxed. Today I am serene. Today I am at peace.
- I choose peace over anger.
- I refuse to allow the stresses of my day to steal my peace of mind.
- Peace within. Peace without. Peace is my only and final answer.
- I am a source of peace in my world in every way I affect it.
As the saying goes, my friends. “There is no way to peace. Peace IS the way.”
Thanks for stopping by!
You might also enjoy this post – 10 Steps to World Peace.