Before she became a presidential candidate earlier this year, Marianne Williamson had a long career as a spiritual author, speaker, and activist. In short, she’s spent her adult life taking action to make the world, as she affects it, and the people around her better.
I first became aware of her work in the early 1990s, after seeing an amazing appearance on the Oprah Winfrey Show. She has been a voice of moral conscience and consoler in moments of national tragedy from 9/11 to school shootings.
Whatever happens in her run for the White House, whether she secures the nomination or not, I hope the next president will make use Marianne’s unique voice and gifts to help our nation find its way forward.
Here are 10 of her most powerful quotes to call out the best in you today.
- A miracle is a shift in perception from fear to love.
- We ask ourselves, ‘Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?’ Actually, who are you not to be?
- Anytime you try to be a loving person, you’re doing your part to save the world.
- Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our Light, not our Darkness, that most frightens us.
- Love is what we were born with. Fear is what we learned here.
- The practice of forgiveness is our most important contribution to the healing of the world.
- It takes courage…to endure the sharp pains of self discovery rather than choose to take the dull pain of unconsciousness that would last the rest of our lives.
- And no one will listen to us until we listen to ourselves.
- Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are.
- Nothing binds you except your thoughts. Noting limits you except your fears. And nothing controls you except your beliefs.
- You must learn a new way to think before you can master a new way to be.
- And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
- Success means going to sleep at night knowing that our talents and abilities were used in a way that serves others.
- Ego says, “Once everything falls into place, I’ll feel peace.” Spirit says, “Fund your peace and everything will fall into place.”
Stay inspired, my friends. See your greatness and help those around you see theirs too.