Sometimes I wish we could live life in reverse. There are things we learn along the way that would have been good to know from the beginning. Here are five things I eventually figured, but could have send to my advantage earlier than I received them.
- Nobody has the WHOLE truth, but everyone has a piece of it. There’s no one walking the face of this planet who has everything figured out and can hand it to you. Take the time, as people come in and out of your life, to glean the piece of truth or wisdom each has to offer.
- Don’t stress about a relationship. I spent much of my 20s and early 30s worried I’d never meet someone. Relax and be open. The universe has you covered. There IS someone out there for you. Don’t try to be someone you’re not to attract or impress. Just do you and you’ll attract the right person.
- “Thoughts, as Mike Dooley says, “become things.” Your thinking has a HUGE impact on your outcomes in life. Thinking negatively yourself or being subjected to negative thinking early in life can torpedo your progress repeatedly until you figure out this one.
- Everyone doesn’t have to like you. In fact, get over yourself. Not everyone will like you guaranteed. It’s not because there’s something wrong with you or the other person. Some people just don’t vibe with you. It’s perfectly and it’s not personal.
- There are no extra points for staying within the lines. Human societies are massive conformity machines. There’s all kinds of conscious and unconscious conditioning to keep you in the herd. The problem pretty much every person I know that’s happy and successful broke free from that conditioning to one extent or another and carved their own path in the world.
I’m sure I could come up with a more exhaustive list. These are five big ones. Some of them you learn once and you’re good. Others you may have to learn again multiple times in your life. Mastering them makes your life go a lot more smoothly.
THANK YOU for your support of this blog. Will you please do me a favor and share it with a couple friends? Have an AWESOME day!