Today I am making a new pact with money. It is my tool not my master!
Our society teaches most working class people early in life that money their master. Money, we are told, controls how much fun you get, how much education you get, how much love you get, how much life you get.
Conversely, people in the upper classes have long been taught that money is a tool that you master and you use to accelerate your efforts in life.
I know I’m painting with a broad brush here, but it’s hard to disagree that these two mindsets are prevalent in our social classes.
It comes down to a perception of lack or abundance. If all you’ve ever known in your life is abundance, then why would you question there’s more where that came from? On the other hand, if you grew up in a situation where money was a struggle and always in the way, you begin to project that view of the world onto your future.
If you’re in that latter group, the question becomes how do you change your mindset about money and become its master rather than allowing it to master you?
The simple answer and believe me I’ve struggled to get there myself, is you have to lose your fears about money.
- Stop fearing there won’t be enough money. Start focusing on how there will be.
- Stop fearing you won’t be smart with your money. Know that you have or can get all the information and knowledge you need to be smart with your money.
- Stop fearing that lack of money will limit you. Money, despite the conditioning, is not really the answer to everything and where it is, see #1.
- Stop fearing that money is evil. You’re poisoning your own success with this mindset. Money is used for evil, but money itself is not evil.
- Stop fearing money as your adversary and start seeing it as your ally.
- Believe that your personal economy is abundant and resilient. Know that you have the smarts and the determination to make it no matter what.
Some would argue, and I’d agree, that we have made money too central to our world view. However, in our current world, having it does provide you with choices. Understand that the belief you exist under the boot of money is myth meant to disempower you. Take control of your destiny by learning to use money as your tool.
Follow your bliss. Experience your bliss. Become your bliss.