Judgment negates compassion. Compassion cures judgment.
Good Saturday, my friends. My apologies for the late post today. Compassion and judgment are like matter and anti-matter. They utterly destroy each other on contact. Judging less automatically raises your compassion. Judging more utterly destroys your compassion. It’s a zero sum game.
Power Hack: When you catch yourself judging yourself, other people, other groups of people, you’re literally destroying your ability to be more compassionate. Conversely, you can eliminate judgment by simply allowing yourself to feel more compassion toward anyone or anything.
They key in this equation is greater awareness. Consciously cultivate your sense of compassion for the world around you and your judgment will decrease. Consciously choose not to judge when you feel like judging and watch your compassion increase.
Here are five fantastic compassion quotes to inspire you to make compassion the great work of your life.
- If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion. ~Sharon Salzburg
- I have just three things to teach: simplicity, patience, compassion. These three are your greatest treasures. ~Lao Tzu
- Our task must be to free ourselves by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty. ~Albert Einstein
- If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion. ~Dalai Lama
- If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion. ~Suzan Lori-Parks
Compassion, my friends, is ALWAYS in fashion!