What I love about Will Smith is he has used his success to spread the word that the power to achieve, succeed, and thrive is right here within all of us. Success? He’s had his share. He starred in a successful TV show – The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air – having never acted before arriving on the set. He’s had success as recording artist, including two Grammy Awards. He really made his mark, though, as one of Hollywood’s most consistently marketable leading men, scoring blockbuster after blockbuster. That’s $7.5 billion in box office revenue worldwide.
Here are 16 of the best motivational Will Smith quotes I’ve come across.
- Greatness is not this wonderful, esoteric, elusive, god-like feature that only the special among us will ever taste, it’s something that truly exists in all of us.
- In my mind, I’ve always been an A-list Hollywood superstar. Y’all just didn’t know yet.
- I wake up every morning believing today is going to be better than yesterday.
- Life isn’t how many breaths you take, but it’s the moments that take your breath away.
- Fear is not real. The only place that fear can exist is in our thoughts of the future. It is a product of our imagination, causing us to fear things that do not at present and may not ever exist. Do not misunderstand me danger is very real, but fear is a choice.
- There’s no reason to have a plan B because it distracts from plan A.
- Being realistic is the most commonly traveled road to mediocrity.
- Stop letting people who do so little for you control so much of your mind, feelings and emotions.
- If you’re absent during my struggle don’t expect to be present during my success.
- If you’re not making someone else’s life better, than you are wasting your time. Your life will become better by making other people’s lives better.
- Don’t chase people. Be yourself, do your own thing and work hard. The right people – the ones who really belong in your life – will come to you. and stay.
- I don’t know what my calling is, but I want to be here for a bigger reason. I strive to be like the greatest people who have ever lived.
- I never viewed myself as particularly talented. Where I excel is ridiculous, sickening, work ethic. You know, while the other guy’s sleeping, I’m working.
- Greatness exists in all of us.
- Sometimes you have to forget what’s gone, appreciate what still remains, and look forward to what’s coming next.
- So if you stay ready, you ain’t gotta get ready, and that is how I run my life.