“Leaders are visionaries with a poorly developed sense of fear, and no concept of the odds against them. They make the impossible happen.”
~ Robert Jarvik
Where would a society be without its visionaries? The French novelist and philosopher Anais Nin once said, “Societies in decline have no use for visionaries.” That is a succinct measure of a society, its mindset, and its direction. How does our society see visionaries? How do YOU see visionaries?
Visionaries are those intrepid souls who risk the wrath of their own tribe to push the tribe forward. They challenge convention and rewrite the possible. The visionary works without a tightrope and is willing to be called heretic, sinner, and outcast all for the hope of bettering the lives of the children and grandchildren of the people casting them into the abyss.
A true visionary is authentically living what Joseph Campbell once called “The Hero’s Journey”. The concepts of the visionary and hero have long intrigued me. Over the past few years, I have tweeted many brief thoughts about these two kinds of people. I decided it was time to compile them. Today’s post focuses on the visionary. I will publish another soon focused on the hero.
My hope is that you will see some of yourself in these descriptions. At the very least, I hope you will no longer count yourself among those who fail to see in the moment the remarkable service these people are doing for us all.
I believe we were all born visionaries and conditioned to be less. May these affirmations and statements reawaken the visionary in you.
- Today I transform my fear of failure into a vision for success!
- I can and I know I can! I can because I have the vision and the nerve.
- I am a great visionary! Today I make my visions so!
- My vision is a powerful and inevitable reality and so am I!
- Today I shift my thoughts. Today I shift my paradigms. Today I shift the world.
- My mind is a fertile place always ready to grow and embrace new and powerful visions of myself and the world.
- We created the status quo and only we can change it!
- The bigger I believe, the bigger I achieve.
- I am focused on the sunshine of my vision, not the shadows of my doubts.
- My mind constantly produces creative, forward-looking ideas!
- I am a business visionary. I am always setting the trends that others follow in my niche!
- I am a visionary. I see and respond to trends well ahead of the pack.
- I am a visionary! I’m always thinking new thoughts and dreaming new dreams!
- I am a great visionary. I see the world not as it is, but as it can be.
- My purpose is strong. My vision is clear. I’m prepared to follow my vision come what may!
- Today I push the unmovable! Today I change the unchangeable! Today I think the unthinkable! Today I transform what is!
- I understand that every big breakthrough risks the wrath of conventional wisdom. My idea is so big I take that risk willingly.
- Today I am shaking off the status quo and my old paradigms to create a better life!
- I see more in me. I see more in you. I see more in us.
- Bigger thoughts change me. Bigger actions change my life. Bigger paradigms change everything.
- If being controversial shakes up the status quo, then I will shake, shake away!
- The status quo is a kind of gravity and today I reach escape velocity!
- Today I lose my useless paradigms in favor of paradigms that serve me.
- The further I look, the further I see. Today I see our big future!
- We are entering an era of astonishing revelations and paradigm shifts that will shatter all that has come before.
- The visionary knows that every moment has within it the power to transform every moment that came before it.
- It is in the nature of the tribe to revile living visionaries and revere dead ones.
- Where the world sees walls, the visionary sees doorways.
- Where the world sees acorns on the ground, the visionary sees forests.
- The visionary doesn’t wait for maps, he makes the map.
- One visionary mind begins the revolution that leads to evolution.
- The visionary has released the mindset that life happens out there and to you and grasped that life happens in here and by you. Life happens THROUGH us, not TO us.
- We can choose to live in the limited paradigms inherited from others, or
become the people we really came here to be.
- The tribe will always conform you until you have the courage to
- The tribe demands conformity, but the visionary commands greatness.
- What we refuse to question rules us. What we dare not question enslaves us.
- The visionary always risks being unpopular or uncool for the sake of the vision.
- The tribe believes the visionary has turned his or her back on them when the visionary has simply turned to face the tribe’s future.
- Conventional thinking keeps the world going day to day, but only visionary thinking changes the world. Be a visionary!
- The visionary knows that mind always creates the world. It is never the other way around.
- When the status quo seems permanent and unchangeable, remember that every status quo it replaced seemed the same way. Visionaries with determination can move the unmovable.
- The tribe says, “choose a side”. The visionary says, “there is a better way.”
- True originals break free from the herd and become themselves. Be an original!
- The Power of One is astounding. Every avalanche begins with one determined snow flake! Every new paradigm with one determined vision.
- You can’t “crunch the numbers” on a dream. Your big dreams defy conventional wisdom and that’s a good thing!
- The powers that be fear the visionary; for the visionary is the only one capable of making them the powers that were.
- The power of one determined person is life’s X Factor.
- Experts can quote chapter and verse of what is, but it takes a visionary to see what can be. Be a visionary!
- The tribe demands conformity. The visionary ignores the drama and opens new possibilities for them anyway.
- The tribe often believes the visionary has turned his back on them, when, in reality, he’s simply raised his hopes for them.
- Do you create your own paradigms or are you a tenant farmer in someone eles’s paradigm?
- Whose paradigms are you living by today? Yours or unconscious ones planted by others?
- A visionary is someone who has broken the conditioning of his or her tribe.
- What is is, but that doesn’t mean it’s what has to be.
- Unless you awaken and think for yourself, those who control your paradigms will control you.
- The truth already set you free. Now its time for your paradigms to catch up with that fact.
- In every moment, ordinary thinkers are transforming their world unconsciously. A visionary is an extraordinary thinker who makes that process conscious.
- What myths do you need to drop from your self-paradigm to claim your future?
- A paradigm tested by questioning is a fortress. A paradigm untested and
unquestioned is a house of cards. The visionary questions.
- The problem with relying on “the experts” is that it forces you to live in the paradigms they create. We must create our own. The visionary is a master at creating his own paradigms.
- Everything enters the realm of possibility when you release the power of the status quo. Break its chains! Escape its gravity!
Follow your bliss. Experience your bliss. Become your bliss.
Ray Davis is the founder of The Affirmation Spot. He’s spent more than 25 years studying personal development and especially writing, recording, and using affirmations to achieve his goals. His eBook – The Power to Be You – offers 416 life-changing and original quotes, ideas, and affirmations to take you to new levels of achievement and reflection.
Anunnaki Awakening: Revelation, Ray’s first novel, is turning heads and opening minds. Humanity’s past is checkered, secret, and dangerous.
White House Correspondent Maria Love is on to the story of her life and with the help of an Anunnaki leader seeks to unravel and reveal history’s biggest conspiracy. The Awakening has begun!