“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.”
It takes a writer to understand the profound sense loneliness and mission felt by another writer. Few careers or passions guarantee more hours of angst-ridden solitude than writing. The job of pulling pictures from the void and translating them into words on a page for the world to see is daunting. Our reward is connection with the reader and, for some, the financial success that comes from connecting with many readers.
Whether your audience is yourself, a small circle of friends, or the wide world, every writer faces the blank page and must keep himself or herself motivated to keep the momentum going and insights flowing. May these affirmations assist you in achieving just that!
Some are available as mp3 downloads on my website. Others have been posted on Twitter. Many are posted here for the very first time anywhere.
- I am a world-class writer and I am primed to become a best-selling author!
- When the writer in me connects with the reader in me, magic happens!
- Writing is my statement to the world! Today my statement is amazing!
- I know what my audience wants and I deliver it every time!
- Today I am attracting the ideal writing opportunities for me.
- Inspiration for my writing flows to me from everywhere!
- I am a brilliant writer. Today I let go and let it flow onto the page!
- Bring it on, blank page! I am ready to fill you with amazing words!
- I am an amazing writer and today I prove it on the page!
- My writing is a stream of feeling that flows from my heart to my reader’s heart.
- My best book yet is ready to spill out of me and onto the page today!
- The blank page is my canvass and today I paint it brilliantly!
- I am a great writer! Today I give the world a taste of my soul!
- I am absolutely committed to writing something each and every day!
- A world-class writer lives within me! Today that writer bursts onto the page!
- Writer’s block is NO match for my desire to get my thoughts into writing!
- Today my muse is persistent and consistent!
- Writing is my joy! Readers are my reward!
- In the battle between the blank page and me, I always win!
- Today the blank page and me are collaborators on something amazing!
- A best-selling Amazon author lives within me! Today that author shows up on the page!
- My writing flows out of me as my gift the world. Today it flows like a mighty river.
- Today my manuscript is coming together. What an awesome book I’m writing!
- Whenever I sit down at the keyboard, the words flow easily and effortlessly.
- All the greats in my niche live within me. I am extension of them and today I write like it!
- There is an amazing book out there waiting for me to write it and today I do!
- I am a great writer! Today I am writing words that will speak to generations!
- am a great writer. The best articles of my career are coming to me right now!
- A great writer connects with readers! I am a great writer!
- I create characters that live and breathe for my audience.
- A great writer lives within me! Today that writer bursts onto the page!
- I am a great poet! I summon images from the void and convey them in the beauty of language!
- Today the words flow freely from my mind to my typing fingers. This manuscript is coming together!
- My imagination overflows with great writing ideas.
- When I get out of the way, the words flow easily to the page.
- Editors absolutely love my writing!
- Show me to that blank page today. I have something to say to the world!
- I am a writer with a message! I am a writer on a mission! I am a writer with a growing audience!
- I am a successful author. My next book is headed straight to the top of the New York Times Best Seller List.
- The best writer in my niche is sitting at my keyboard right now! Today I prove it!
- I am a great author on my way to being world famous!
- I write to follow my bliss! Today my writing can and is paying my bills!
- My writing earns me a comfortable living.
- When I write I write with an unbounded passion for my topic!. My readers feel that passion and they eat it up!
- Day by day I get better and better at planning my plots.
- I refuse to be paralyzed by the size and scope of my project. I am getting this book done one step at a time.
- My writing always connects with and speaks to my target audience.
- As my passion for my writing shows, my audience grows and grows!
- A great writer lives within me! I know it! I feel it! I write like it!
- I am a great newspaper columnist! If my industry no longer needs me, I will succeed today by writing online!
- Rejections are momentary setbacks NOT global calamities. I sit back down at my keyboard and keep writing.
- I am a world-class columnist. My articles attract audiences and keep my publishers and editors very happy.
- With everything I write, my characters get stronger and stronger!
- Before big writing success, I write with passion. After big writing success, I write with passion.
- An amazing writer lives within me! I water and nourish her/him every single day.
- A great writer is a great storyteller and I am a great writer!
- I expect positive results from my writing and that’s exactly what I get!
- I put my heart into everything I write and I fully expect every submission to be accepted.
- I am a great poet! Today I am inspired to write the greatest poem of my life!
- I am a great poet! Poems flow through me like a river on its way to the sea.
At the end of the day, it’s all about the commitment to do it. Great and successful authors face the same challenge you do. Here are a couple of quotes.
E.B. White said, “”A writer who waits for ideal conditions under which to work will die
without putting a word to paper.”
Dan Brown was quoted in a 2009 NPR interview, “I still get up every morning at 4 a.m. I write seven days a week, including Christmas, and I still face a blank page every morning. … My characters don’t really care how many books I’ve sold.”
If you’ve been writing without the results you want, keep writing. Your best writing lies ahead of you and your audience is eagerly waiting!
Follow your bliss. Experience your bliss. Become your bliss.
Ray Davis is the founder of The Affirmation Spot and author of Anunnaki Awakening. He’s been studying and practicing personal development for 30 years. He’s also studied many of the world’s spiritual traditions and mythologies.
Find more TAS motivational content.