“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.”
It takes a writer to understand the profound sense loneliness and mission felt by another writer. Few careers or passions guarantee more hours of angst-ridden solitude than writing. The job of pulling pictures from the void and translating them into words on a page for the world to see is daunting. Our reward is connection with the reader and, for some, the financial success that comes from connecting with many readers.
Whether your audience is yourself, a small circle of friends, or the wide world, every writer faces the blank page and must keep himself or herself motivated to keep the momentum going and insights flowing. May these affirmations assist you in achieving just that!
Be sure to checkout our updated 2020 list of author affirmations on the TAS resources.
- I am a world-class writer and I am primed to become a best-selling author!
- When the writer in me connects with the reader in me, magic happens!
- Writing is my statement to the world! Today my statement is amazing!
- I know what my audience wants and I deliver it every time!
- Today I am attracting the ideal writing opportunities for me.
- Inspiration for my writing flows to me from everywhere!
- I am a brilliant writer. Today I let go and let it flow onto the page!
- Bring it on, blank page! I am ready to fill you with amazing words!
- I am an amazing writer and today I prove it on the page!
- My writing is a stream of feeling that flows from my heart to my reader’s heart.
- My best book yet is ready to spill out of me and onto the page today!
- The blank page is my canvass and today I paint it brilliantly!
- I am a great writer! Today I give the world a taste of my soul!
- I am absolutely committed to writing something each and every day!
- A world-class writer lives within me! Today that writer bursts onto the page!
- Writer’s block is NO match for my desire to get my thoughts into writing!
- Today my muse is persistent and consistent!
- Writing is my joy! Readers are my reward!
- In the battle between the blank page and me, I always win!
- Today the blank page and me are collaborators on something amazing!
- A best-selling Amazon author lives within me! Today that author shows up on the page!
- My writing flows out of me as my gift the world. Today it flows like a mighty river.
- Today my manuscript is coming together. What an awesome book I’m writing!
- Whenever I sit down at the keyboard, the words flow easily and effortlessly.
- All the greats in my niche live within me. I am extension of them and today I write like it!
- There is an amazing book out there waiting for me to write it and today I do!
- I am a great writer! Today I am writing words that will speak to generations!
- am a great writer. The best articles of my career are coming to me right now!
- A great writer connects with readers! I am a great writer!
- I create characters that live and breathe for my audience.
- A great writer lives within me! Today that writer bursts onto the page!
- I am a great poet! I summon images from the void and convey them in the beauty of language!
- Today the words flow freely from my mind to my typing fingers. This manuscript is coming together!
- My imagination overflows with great writing ideas.
- When I get out of the way, the words flow easily to the page.
- Editors absolutely love my writing!
- Show me to that blank page today. I have something to say to the world!
- I am a writer with a message! I am a writer on a mission! I am a writer with a growing audience!
- I am a successful author. My next book is headed straight to the top of the New York Times Best Seller List.
- The best writer in my niche is sitting at my keyboard right now! Today I prove it!
- I am a great author on my way to being world famous!
- I write to follow my bliss! Today my writing can and is paying my bills!
- My writing earns me a comfortable living.
- When I write I write with an unbounded passion for my topic!. My readers feel that passion and they eat it up!
- Day by day I get better and better at planning my plots.
- I refuse to be paralyzed by the size and scope of my project. I am getting this book done one step at a time.
- My writing always connects with and speaks to my target audience.
- As my passion for my writing shows, my audience grows and grows!
- A great writer lives within me! I know it! I feel it! I write like it!
- I am a great newspaper columnist! If my industry no longer needs me, I will succeed today by writing online!
- Rejections are momentary setbacks NOT global calamities. I sit back down at my keyboard and keep writing.
- I am a world-class columnist. My articles attract audiences and keep my publishers and editors very happy.
- With everything I write, my characters get stronger and stronger!
- Before big writing success, I write with passion. After big writing success, I write with passion.
- An amazing writer lives within me! I water and nourish her/him every single day.
- A great writer is a great storyteller and I am a great writer!
- I expect positive results from my writing and that’s exactly what I get!
- I put my heart into everything I write and I fully expect every submission to be accepted.
- I am a great poet! Today I am inspired to write the greatest poem of my life!
- I am a great poet! Poems flow through me like a river on its way to the sea.
At the end of the day, it’s all about the commitment to do it. Great and successful authors face the same challenge you do. Here are a couple of quotes.
E.B. White said, “”A writer who waits for ideal conditions under which to work will die
without putting a word to paper.”
Dan Brown was quoted in a 2009 NPR interview, “I still get up every morning at 4 a.m. I write seven days a week, including Christmas, and I still face a blank page every morning. … My characters don’t really care how many books I’ve sold.”
If you’ve been writing without the results you want, keep writing. Your best writing lies ahead of you and your audience is eagerly waiting!
Follow your bliss. Experience your bliss. Become your bliss.
Ray Davis is the founder of The Affirmation Spot and author of Anunnaki Awakening. He’s been studying and practicing personal development for 30 years. He’s also studied many of the world’s spiritual traditions and mythologies.
Find more TAS motivational content.
21 thoughts on “60 Affirmations for Authors, Writers, and Poets”
Reblogged this on Naughty Nights Press Marketing & Research Development.
Thank you so much!
A lot of these affirmations will not work because they are egoistic and overinflated. You can’t lie to your psyche. And some of them focus on Best Selling and I deliver to my audience – which are bogus since the first is out of your control and the second assumes you have an audience at all (which most authors don’t.) So don’t lie to yourself with bogus affirmations. Focus on your process ” I write with skill and mastery to completion.” or “I embrace feedback on my work to make it better.”
I appreciate the reblog! I also appreciate the feedback, Patricia! You make a good point. There’s always a concern with affirmations that they may be over-the-horizon. In my experience, that depends on the person.
I was working with 12 year old football player at the request of his dad a few years ago. He had real dreams of becoming a NFL player. That was probably as much out of his control as being a best-selling author. That said, if you dig into the psychology of all this, you find that for one person believing they can achieve that big goal is fuel for the fire, while for another it’s depressing and a disincentive. You have know yourself and be committed to pushing yourself without deluding yourself. That’s a delicate balance.
These affirmations are meant for writers at all levels from beginner to best-selling author. What is aspirational to one author ls a reachable goal for another. There are many circumstance in life and in our writing journey when we have to fill the breach between our current reality and belief.
Affirmations you write for you should always comport with the principles you mention. Affirmations meant for a general audience (as in this instance) seeks to meet every writer where they are.
These two articles explain what I’m saying and address your concerns in more detail.
Incremental Affirmations: https://affirmationspot.net/articles/2018/5/28/incremental-affirmations
Unrealistic Affirmations: https://affirmationspot.net/articles/2018/5/28/unrealistic-affirmations
Thank you for the post. To note, the first affirmation is missing an ‘r’ — I am a world-class write[r] and I am primed to become a best-selling author!
Thanks for catching that. I happy writing!
Thanks for catching that, Irene! Making the edit now. Happy writing to you!
Reblogged this on kristin nador writes anywhere and commented:
Do you ever get the ‘Writer’s Blues’? I do! Maybe you feel like you aren’t moving toward your writing goals or are spinning your wheels. Check out this great post by Ray Davis. The words we think and speak about ourselves can make a difference…
Thank you for the reblog, Kristin!
I liked this post so much I printed it out and stuck it on my bulletin board!!!
Thank you, Diana. I would love to hear how they help. Happy writing!
Thank you so much for the inclusion.