The Affirmation Spot Ezine is available for free by e-mail. I am mirroring it on the blog to help introduce it to a wider audience. Subscription information is at the bottom.
This Month’s issue
* From Ray’s Desk…
* The Affirmation Spot Partners with Feed The Children
From Ray’s Desk…
Hello, TAS friends
The past month has witnessed two major natural disasters in Asia. It’s an odd conundrum that the worst events bring out the best in the human spirit. People and nations around the world are mobilizing to help the people of Myanmar and China.
I think the reason these tragic events stir us so and bring out our best is that they remind us that we really are all in this together. We may differ politically, religiously, or economically. On ordinary days, those issues seem to matter so much.
However, when faced with unimaginable destruction and suffering, we seem to instinctively pull together. Maybe, in those moments, we are jolted awake to the fact that behind all our egoic masks and facades we are all subject to the same unpredictable whims of existence.
Such events can drive us to depression and withdrawal or engagement and enlightenment. They can create the thought that life is short and meaningless or that life is short and oh so precious.
There are circumstances beyond our control, but our thoughts and actions are always within our control. When we realize that simple fact we are empowered and energized to pick up and move on from tragedy in our lives and in the world.
The Affirmation Spot Partners with Feed The Children
There are so many children who suffer on this planet every day. Sometimes it is the result of natural disasters like Hurricane Katrina
, the recent typhoon in Myanmar
, or the Chinese earthquake. In other places, it is due to war, poverty,and other political conditions.
Founded in 1979, Feed The Children now has a presence in all 50 U.S. states and in more than 60 countries around the world. FTC delivers water and beverages, food, medicine, clothing, and much more – the necessities of life – to children and their families in distress.
The primary objective of The Affirmation Spot is to help people. The affirmations and other digital products we offer focus on improving the mental and spiritual aspects of our being. However, we cannot overlook the real, material needs of people.
That is why I am proud to announce
a new special project in partnership with Feed The Children. I hope this pilot program will be the beginning of a long relationship with FTC.
Here is how it works.
May 15, 2008 – August 31, 2008
The Affirmation Spot will donate $.05 US for every $0.49 affirmation sold and $.10 US for every $0.79 or higher priced item sold to Feed The Children.
That means you can now help others as you are helping yourself. You get the affirmations and other positive thought products you want and you are helping Feed The Children too.
We will be providing monthly updates (on www.theaffirmationspot.com
) on how much is donated through this program. Of course, the program is only as successful as we make it.
Together we can help children around the world.
Affirmations of the Month
These affirmations are available on the website or will be in the near future.
- Every event, every relationship, every circumstance in my life is working together for my benefit.
- I am committed to saving more of my income. Paycheck by paycheck my savings grows.
- My money earning abilities are recession-proof.
- Right here, right now is always the best time to begin anew.
- I am now experiencing a greater opening of my heart and mind.
- Living honestly in every situation keeps my life simple and improves my relationships.
- A great writer lives within me. Today that writer bursts onto the page.
The Tips section offers updated information on the website and helpful tips to using affirmations.
- Newest Affirmations – The Affirmation Spot has a new link on the side menu called Newest Affirmations. This section provides links to the newest affirmations on the website and the dates they are posted.
- Passive Listening – Listening to your affirmations passively is a great way to infuse them into your self-talk without your conscious mind interfering as much. Listen while you work or do other activities that require most of your attention. By the same process that helps you learn the words to a song you didn’t know you were listening to, you will find your affirmations coming to mind more easily.
I appreciate your comments and thoughts about the Ezine or the website. Please feel free to contact me with your thoughts, ideas, or suggestions.
Remember we will never share your information with any other entity – ever.
Subscribe – if you have friends who might like to receive The Affirmation Spot Ezine on a monthly basis, please have them send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the word “Subscribe” in the Subject Line.
If you want to change the e-mail address that receives this Ezine, please send a message to the same e-mail address with “Change E-mail” in the subject line. Indicate the new e-mail address and the old e-mail address.
Unsubscribe – If you would prefer to not receive future editions, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with the word “Unsubscribe” in the Subject line.